Like it!! Man the attention to detail on this is unbelievable Jake, I MUST see this in the metal one day. It's now on my bucket list!! 

• Like 1

Been insurance shopping today which is never nice with a heavily modified car.

Ended up with Green light. And tbh it was the best experience I've ever had buying insurance. Incredibly helpful but were weird in a sense. Told me to go shop elsewhere and wouldn't give me a price as they were confident would beat  others.

Said ring back when your ready to commit and pay a deposit and we'll give you a price. So I did.

And wasn't disappointed. One of the cheapest policies I've ever had but with all modifications declared and all the bells and whistles aswell as a smaller excess than previously aswell.

Very pleased.

• Like 1

Nice one. It's not the most enjoyable way to pass the time is it. 

More dissapointment today.

I ordered used from speed equip autocenter.

Last time now. Tells me stuffs mint. Turns up a load of scruffy crap to go straight in the bin.

A snapped parcel shelf to replace my snapped parcel shelf. Cheers.

And this damn window trim.

How is it so difficult to get a window trim for my passenger door. Took months of being messed about and wasting money. 

Nothing new now. First he sent the wrong side now he sent a cracked and perished one all peeling and rusty underneath. So fed up with it.

Could never recommend anyone buy from that place. Took the p**s every time I've used em.

2 hours ago, KiNK43 said:

Last time now. Tells me stuffs mint. Turns up a load of scruffy crap to go straight in the bin.

How is it so difficult to get a window trim for my passenger door. Took months of being messed about and wasting money. 

Nothing new now. First he sent the wrong side now he sent a cracked and perished one all peeling and rusty underneath. So fed up with it.

Could never recommend anyone buy from that place. Took the p**s every time I've used em.

I can imagine your pain mate, at least you gave them one last chance!!

Hope you get the right stuff! 

2 hours ago, KiNK43 said:

Is that Speed Equip as in Naz one of our traders mate? Do you have photos of the faulty parts?

28 minutes ago, Dave said:

Is that Speed Equip as in Naz one of our traders mate? Do you have photos of the faulty parts?

:shock:

Not done a lot with car as not had any time. But I have booked a track day at donnington park in 1 months time. So Its now a race against time to rebush the bank end. Fit coilovers and get aligned.

Changed a few bits and bobs today. Some fittings etc. Got some fresh oil and a filter in there. Also picked up a scruffy bumper and cut it for max airflow. 

Thaught just bang this one on for track days, be better in case have a little nudge or something aswell :)

• Like 1

IMG_20200526_172904.jpg

• Like 1

That should be good mate. I love Donnington - saw the moto GP there a couple of times. Would be my first choice for a track day. 

She's Definitely got her mouth wide open with that new bumper on... That should get plenty of air in. Will you be putting any kind of lip on? 

44 minutes ago, dr_broon said:

That should be good mate. I love Donnington - saw the moto GP there a couple of times. Would be my first choice for a track day. 

She's Definitely got her mouth wide open with that new bumper on... That should get plenty of air in. Will you be putting any kind of lip on? 

Yeah looking forward to it. Should be a laugh ay. Be able to pick up some speed on the straight!!

The bumper is literally just a trackday thing. Ill use my normal bumper the rest of the time. 

So not too fussed about a lip. Unless seen one silly cheap. 

Probably just paint this black with rattle cans and be done with it.

Day got me knuckles back all ready roll. New ball joints and bearings. Extended studs in.

Happened to notice when unde rthe car had a little leak appeared round the crank pulley. Irritated me so started having a look, ended up being a right ballache. cambelt off, cams need to come out to change the seals.

Lesson learned they are literally the only aftermarket seals I used on the whole car and there leaking. Get some OEM ones in there. 

IMG_20200528_165718.jpg

IMG_20200528_201524.jpg

• Like 1

Bet you're glad to get those knuckles back. The extended ball joints make a nice difference. Really noticed the change when I went back to standard ones. 

Just realised that you said extended studs :Facepalm1:

Must learn to read / not post before coffee 

• Haha 1

Glad your getting parts arriving to keep the momentum going in this build. 2nd hand front bumper is a cracking idea for track use btw! applause.gif1

Would love to see this in the flesh! 

17 minutes ago, burbleboy said:

Glad your getting parts arriving to keep the momentum going in this build. 2nd hand front bumper is a cracking idea for track use btw! applause.gif1

Would love to see this in the flesh! 

More bits on the way too. Need to get this thing in shape now for donnington.

Btw what are you in now? Always enjoyed your threads.

3 minutes ago, KiNK43 said:

More bits on the way too. Need to get this thing in shape now for donnington.

Btw what are you in now? Always enjoyed your threads.

Hope to see a link to on-board footage of this trackday, if possible!

Driving a 335d just now mate, in process of tidying her up by getting front n rear bumpers painted. Just had wheels refurbed last week and possible DPF removal in near future. Great car but it's not my VTi-s cry.gif1

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, burbleboy said:

Hope to see a link to on-board footage of this trackday, if possible!

Driving a 335d just now mate, in process of tidying her up by getting front n rear bumpers painted. Just had wheels refurbed last week and possible DPF removal in near future. Great car but it's not my VTi-s cry.gif1

Sweet have a real softspot for beemers!

Yeah I'll put camera in car no problems, I will admit I'm not the greatest of drivers tho so  probably be taking it fairly easy.

54 minutes ago, KiNK43 said:

Sweet have a real softspot for beemers!

Yeah I'll put camera in car no problems, I will admit I'm not the greatest of drivers tho so  probably be taking it fairly easy.

Of course mate, not looking for John Cleland driving as this is your pride n joy and daily! 

When i tracked my civic, i drove at 90% (i can be mental sometimes) as to preserve my daily!!!

• Like 1

Busy day today. What a horrible job to do on jack's.

The bushes were absolutely shot as you can see. The LCA literally swung about had that much movement in the bushes. And the trailing arm bush well picture says it all.

IMG_20200601_192330.jpg

IMG_20200601_192323.jpg

IMG_20200601_124319.jpg

IMG_20200601_124314.jpg

Edited by KiNK43

So that's out with the old. 

Here's in with the new. Cleaned everything up without going mad. Not being mega OCD as cars there to be driven.

So replaced the trailing arm bushes with poly. Recommend this type, there dead easy to fit.

Got some skunk2 lower arms as liked the colour combo. Matched what I'm doing elsewhere and subtle.

And some Meister R zeta pro coilovers. Getting excited going to be transformed!!!

Also have some hardrace rear camber arms to sling on another day. Want to paint them black first. 

IMG_20200601_190645.jpg

IMG_20200601_190657.jpg

IMG_20200601_190633.jpg

IMG_20200601_153100.jpg

IMG_20200601_190636.jpg

Edited by KiNK43
  • Like 2

Wow, that'll make a vast difference. Great work as always 8-)

• Like 1

Arse end is done now. Correct length bolts fitted to shock. New clevis pins in the handbrake as had to cut them off. 

Hardrace upper arms fitted.

And raised up 10mm. Think I like it that height. Sensible.

Probably got about an hour's work on the fronts and can go get an alignment.

Can anyone recommend camber and toe settings?

IMG_20200608_192015-01.jpeg

IMG_20200608_181931.jpg

IMG_20200608_191051.jpg

• Like 1

Mate that height looks spot on, plus will go some ways to help protect that stunning undercarriage. Think Ali (burbleboy) might be able to help with the settings or Dan DMRichards? Loving how clean this looks, credit to you bud!

DD also needs those bushes replaced although they passed the mot but they look completely shot. It's deffo on my list of things to get done.

• Like 1