Polycarbonate windows

Blackwolf

Hi guys I know this has probably been asked before l somewhere but where would I get the polycarbonate or such like for my mb would like the drivers and passengers windows to have the sliders in them 

thanks

Yes, there have also been a couple of mb's/MC's that were built as track cars that had them if memory serves me correctly. Not sure which ones or where you'll get it but I'm sure Jake will be along shortly with the info. 8-)

On 1/9/2019 at 11:42 PM, Blackwolf said:

Hi guys I know this has probably been asked before l somewhere but where would I get the polycarbonate or such like for my mb would like the drivers and passengers windows to have the sliders in them 

thanks

For the MB, search for the Rover MG ZS window kits, there are plenty about. Plastic4Performance made the kit for my Aerodeck so can do the MB side windows, not sure they carry the rear screen (if you want that as well).  You have to retain the rear door quarter lights to secure the rear windows. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I got mine for my vtis from ACW Motorsport plastics. They are better quality than plastic4performance but half the price. You need to look up mg zs though. I wanted to remove the rear quarter glass in mine so he sent me a sheet of polycarbonate to make my own and bolted them in. Saves a lot of weight removing it and all the rubbers and framework that holds the glass. Here is a pic of how it looks. Ricky Evans Motorsport also do a heated front window screen for the mg zs that fits straight in if you really want to go mad. 

DSC_0283.JPG

• Like 1

I drilled through the polycarbonate and straight through the metal frame of the door. Once you remove the rubbers that hold the glass youl see a nice little flat lip that you stick the rubber tape to and drill into. I actually used self tapping stainless screws, not bolts but small bolts would work just as well. 

When I get a min I'll take a close up photo so you can see what I mean