Got my first Aerodeck....

garbs

Afternoon, 

So after looking for a vtis, offering to buy one but the owner wouldn’t sell :-D and going out in one which scared me silly, I’ve finally managed to buy an Aerodeck, which I initially said I wasn’t interested in, and I love it! 
It was bought from a lad who’s a member on here and it’s going to be a work in progress while still being used as a daily.

I’m fairly mechanically incompetent and just don’t have the confidence or tools to tackle anything substantial  so unless it’s really basic work, it’ll be worked on by professionals.

I don’t plan on getting rid of this car for many, many years. 
The photos are from the original advert. 

78E46774-1699-46B2-94E2-FD2CC4520C58.jpeg

045DAB54-9463-4DE5-8235-1A0164F0C697.jpeg

BDD5FB32-9500-4B66-8EF8-6B8BFCFB4F85.jpeg

415CAD13-2820-4E95-98B2-0ECB87547F79.jpeg

C24FB763-C758-490F-BED0-DDB7938D5FF0.jpeg

2BDC8118-6E54-4CF0-8D76-F6940943122C.jpeg

3BBFB1B3-BFA9-41EA-8D95-8B3DC7EB4A4D.jpeg

• Like 2

I cannot thank forum member Kink43 for his help over the past few months with his help and advice, has been an absolute superstar.

Please note, I will be probably asking some very, very basic dumb question so please bare with me. 

• Like 2

What an awesome first Aerodeck to have bagged yourself. Very well known club car mate, you got good one there! Will be following this to see where you go with it mods wise, whats the plans?

@KiNK43 is indeed one of the most helpful and enthusiastic Civic M owners you'll ever meet! Jake's been a member here for a very long time and is also part of the Civic5 team too. I hear he's such a n ice chap he's decided to just give me his VTiS to keep! Hahaha, I wish! 

To be honest though mate, all our Civic5 members are the most helpful bunch ever. I'm so looking forward to the day where we can have another Civic5 stand at some of the jap shows. Really miss the banter!

6 hours ago, Dave said:

What an awesome first Aerodeck to have bagged yourself. Very well known club car mate, you got good one there! Will be following this to see where you go with it mods wise, whats the plans?

Thank you very much.

In no particular order:

Change turbo/manifold/intercooler piping 

Complete overhaul and refresh of underneath, address any rust issues, new suspension components (except coilovers), powder coat of knuckles, trailing arms, new drive shafts etc.

Tidy up engine bay, so remove abs, Relocate battery to boot, new line/filter set up.

Fit some Recaro Trendlines

I currently use as a daily a 1996 Honda Civic 1.6 automatic, with a full leather interior (just done 60,000 miles!) which I’ve owned for about 8 years.

I want to put the rear leather seats and the door cards from this into the Aerodeck.

Thats probably the limit of my abilities and because I live in Birmingham, places like Dynodaze, Honda HQ, Outlaw Honda Worx, etc will be getting plenty of work off me.

• Like 1

Good times mate. It's a properly nice deck that. So much to like about it. And from what you've said it's only gonna get better. 

Look forward to seeing the updates.

• Like 1

Ok, here we go with the first stupid question.

So the hubs on mine have been changed to 4 x 100 by the previous owner for wheel choices, which is fine by me.

I want to change the wheel bearings and hubs all around.

I also plan on losing the abs very shortly.

I think I’m right in thinking the wheel bearings for the front are the same if a 1.6/1.8 [are some cheaper?]?

With the hubs, I’ll need ones from a 1.6 etc which are also 4 x 100? Now some hubs state they are for abs/none abs, does it matter which ones I get?

Like I say, sorry for the basic questions.....