Restoring My Nana And Grandads Honda Civic MB6

Roverjoe

Yes the little partnership they did with their cars came to be pretty handy, the whole rear floor space is exactly the same, and most of the suspension parts can be taken from the 45 and ZS. as i know a lot of Civic owners upgraded their rear anti roll bar to the ZS one.

• Like 1

Yeah, definitely. I used quite a lot of random zs/400 fixings and clips etc when mine was getting rebuilt.. Some parts were a gamble that didn't pay off though - the fuel level sender was too long for the tank on my aerodeck. 

I reckon in future we'll be relying on rover parts (or pattern parts for rovers) more and more to keep these hondas going as there seems to be a good level of support for older British cars, and the M civics aren't covered as well as more international civics. 

• Like 1

On 9/10/2023 at 8:28 AM, dr_broon said:

Yeah, definitely. I used quite a lot of random zs/400 fixings and clips etc when mine was getting rebuilt.. Some parts were a gamble that didn't pay off though - the fuel level sender was too long for the tank on my aerodeck. 

I reckon in future we'll be relying on rover parts (or pattern parts for rovers) more and more to keep these hondas going as there seems to be a good level of support for older British cars, and the M civics aren't covered as well as more international civics. 

Yeah i think thats the way to go in the future, i annoyingly broke a bumper clip, NLA for the Honda Part but plenty of Clips from a 45 thats probably 10x cheaper too.

• Like 1

On 9/12/2023 at 5:17 PM, Dave said:

Really nice job you've done mate, impressive for your first go at welding! 

Thank you! I was pretty pleased with the job to be fair, quite surprised, seam sealer does help too if the welds aint the best ;)

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Roverjoe said:

Yeah i think thats the way to go in the future, i annoyingly broke a bumper clip, NLA for the Honda Part but plenty of Clips from a 45 thats probably 10x cheaper too.

Yep, lots cheaper than honda bits

• Like 1