1 hour ago, KiNK43 said:

Looking good mate. Loving the pics. The ones were cars really leaning are great. Must have been having lots of fun

Cheers man, yeah was a real good day out. Cooked the brakes a few times and shaved off a decent amount of tyre but I was having fun so! 
One of the photos there’s my mates brother in the passenger seat and we’re both laughing as I’d completely lost it right before the corner but managed to get it turned in enough still. 

Was surprised how well it handled, felt very planted, back came out a couple times but only on Chris curve when I was pushing my luck a bit much. Managed a whopping 85mph on the straight and fully sent it at that speed up the next corner too haha. 

I got a couple laps recorded onboard on my phone but they look so slow in comparison to what it actually feels like

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dr_broon said:

God job on the splitter mate, looks top. 

I bet the track day was a hoot! 

Was a good laugh, couldn’t complain for £100 really. Only about 15-20 cars there so no waiting times to get on track too. 

Ordered a few more bits to dial the handling in a bit more too, have adjustable rear camber arms, adjustable front camber plates/arms, eg rear lca’s and a couple rear braces between the lca’s. Also a rear brace for inside, between the rear shock towers. Have some decent poly trailing arm bushes to change too, hopefully get it all done as a oner. 
From then on it’ll only be coil overs and the odd bush that might want swapping out, also after a thicker anti roll bar. Seen some front traction bars too but not too sure what advantage they’d give, to be fair they’re cheap enough so maybe worth a buy. 

Saw another shifter I wouldn’t mind too, the one I have now is pretty good but has a fair amount of play as I had to ‘make it fit’. Still real tight and notchy but could do with getting under the car and adjusting it again, which is a bit of a ball ache. The newer one I saw is adjustable from inside the car, and has a solid billet base plate and the little white ball thing that has the accordion style washer around it is a sealed unit so no way that can have any play. Maybe something for next months payday who knows?

Still have the front oversize fogs to recondition and fit, the mounts didn’t look like they’d go anywhere close to fitting, and I couldn’t see any oem cables for them to link up to. But it’s a bodge I’d enjoy doing so that’s something else for the list, going to spray the inner reflectors yellow and get some bright bulbs in there, probably have to have a switch for them on the dash but I can make a neat job of that so that’s not a worry at least. 

Long term plan is to find a half decent b18 and box for it. Thought I may as well sort the handling out first best I can and do other little bits. Would love to get rid of all the little scratches, rust patches and dents too as time goes on. The shell and underneath is still in good condition so don’t want it to go to waste.

Definitely in it for the long haul with him! hah

• Like 1

I have just baught a traction bar for mine. And there's no where to mount it. As eg have toe eyes that bolt on. 

Plan is to weld it on. 

Tbh it more designed to stop wheel hop when launching off the mark. Not sure it'd really aid handling. May be wrong tho 

1 hour ago, KiNK43 said:

I have just baught a traction bar for mine. And there's no where to mount it. As eg have toe eyes that bolt on. 

Plan is to weld it on. 

Tbh it more designed to stop wheel hop when launching off the mark. Not sure it'd really aid handling. May be wrong tho 

Ahh, that’s pretty much what I thought it would have been for. Shame it doesn’t bolt right up though.

Still, have to let me know how it is when it’s on, see if there’s any noticeable difference. By looking at it surely it would brace the front up a little more if anything?

1 hour ago, Kaleverada said:

Ahh, that’s pretty much what I thought it would have been for. Shame it doesn’t bolt right up though.

Still, have to let me know how it is when it’s on, see if there’s any noticeable difference. By looking at it surely it would brace the front up a little more if anything?

Yeah defo. I baught it hoping it would help/stop torque steer. Car bloody changes lane for you sometimes lol.