Sounds like more work than you first expected but at least it's getting sorted!

Did the box need any material skimming off it so the new gear would fit properly like in Noodel's link?

Dunno - it's all still in bits at the minute :lol:

Out of interest.. if anyone's interested - $660 for the kit with 4.785 differential ring gear, countershaft first gear, two first gear needle bearings, collar ring and 4.785 countershaft

http://www.autodynamics-honda.com/jdmhop804fid.html

Dunno - it's all still in bits at the minute :lol:

Out of interest.. if anyone's interested - $660 for the kit with 4.785 differential ring gear, countershaft first gear, two first gear needle bearings, collar ring and 4.785 countershaft

http://www.autodynamics-honda.com/jdmhop804fid.html

So basically everything you needed for the final drive change plus a bit of an overhaul of bearings etc?

Jesus I bet you wished you'd found that before starting this :lol:

makes me laugh when people say iv re-built an engine etc etc. unless its had serious internal components upgraded such as high comp pistons and cams the cost to value ratio is out ofthe window....

the gearbox is a very good mod to gain acceleration with what your doing to it versus remap airfilter, exhaust. etc. however you do have to persevere with the car off road and all that. but its worth it. not everyone can just go and splash out on these high priced components. its what i call dedication. trust me youll be impressed.

iv taken on a civic from this forum, revs to 9.5krpm, cams etc..... bull3hit! left that car for dead. another lad from halifax boasted pistons and cams, all the pollava, blasted away.... bhp figures sound great but its down to acceleration. :twisted:

Makes me think that when I decide to start meddling with my gearbox it'll be a good idea to make sure the Accord is MOT'd then :lol:

currantly can't afford to run 2 car's so it'll be a spair box getting the rebuild one day........

makes me laugh when people say iv re-built an engine etc etc. unless its had serious internal components upgraded such as high comp pistons and cams the cost to value ratio is out ofthe window....

the gearbox is a very good mod to gain acceleration with what your doing to it versus remap airfilter, exhaust. etc. however you do have to persevere with the car off road and all that. but its worth it. not everyone can just go and splash out on these high priced components. its what i call dedication. trust me youll be impressed.

iv taken on a civic from this forum, revs to 9.5krpm, cams etc..... bull3hit! left that car for dead. another lad from halifax boasted pistons and cams, all the pollava, blasted away.... bhp figures sound great but its down to acceleration. :twisted:

sweeet :D

really looking forward to gettin her back and having a spin.... will be a video to show the results 8-)

picked her up last night, had a few gentle miles last night and a calm drive to work this morning, and so far I'm pretty happy with the results - everything just seems a lot easier.

some numbers - revs are:

2.2k in 4th @ 30

3k in 5th @60

i think that to a certain extent the teg flywheel has offset the negative effect of the longer 5th - it now seems easier to accelerate from low revs.

bit of an issue with selecting 1st sometimes - the honda dude thinks it might just be the new 1st gear, but will keep an eye on it and is gonna give everything a check over tomorrow.

:)