picked her up last night, had a few gentle miles last night and a calm drive to work this morning, and so far I'm pretty happy with the results - everything just seems a lot easier.

some numbers - revs are:

2.2k in 4th @ 30

3k in 5th @60

i think that to a certain extent the teg flywheel has offset the negative effect of the longer 5th - it now seems easier to accelerate from low revs.

bit of an issue with selecting 1st sometimes - the honda dude thinks it might just be the new 1st gear, but will keep an eye on it and is gonna give everything a check over tomorrow.

:)

and 3.5k @ 70

Lovely! I bet she's nice and quiet compared with before then!

I think this has to be worth investing in, better acceleration and a higher top end, you can't go far wrong! [smitten.gif][smash.gif]

heh heh... don't tempt me :lol:

Go on now go, walk out the door, don't turn around now.... WACK11111

:lol:

picked her up last night, had a few gentle miles last night and a calm drive to work this morning, and so far I'm pretty happy with the results - everything just seems a lot easier.

some numbers - revs are:

2.2k in 4th @ 30

3k in 5th @60

i think that to a certain extent the teg flywheel has offset the negative effect of the longer 5th - it now seems easier to accelerate from low revs.

bit of an issue with selecting 1st sometimes - the honda dude thinks it might just be the new 1st gear, but will keep an eye on it and is gonna give everything a check over tomorrow.

and 3.5k @ 70

I think this has to be worth investing in, better acceleration and a higher top end, you can't go far wrong! [smitten.gif][smash.gif]

I'm properly happy with the results - even just pootling around. It feels so much easier to drive... much more willing, but more laid back. wierd :)

heh heh... don't tempt me :lol:

Go on now go, walk out the door, don't turn around now.... WACK11111

:lol:

some numbers - revs are:

2.2k in 4th @ 30

3k in 5th @60

and 3.5k @ 70

I'm properly happy with the results - even just pootling around. It feels so much easier to drive... much more willing, but more laid back. wierd :)

Sweet! I think I'd probably get that pack from the US you linked earlier and give the box a general overhaul whilst it's all out, plus the 5th gear, plus flywheel and I reckon an uprated clutch wouldn't go a miss while it's all happening, possibly a diff too but I could just be mad :lol:

I got a handful of bearings changed while the box was in bits - makes sense :)

keep an eye on eBay for integra fly wheels - you can pick them up for pennies (literally if you can collect instead of paying postage).

keep an eye on eBay for integra fly wheels - you can pick them up for pennies (literally if you can collect instead of paying postage).

I think eBay will have a harrassment order on me soon if I keep "Watching" stuff like I do :lol:

I think eBay will have a harrassment order on me soon if I keep "Watching" stuff like I do :lol:

:lol: same! even if im not going to buy it i like to watch it anyway [smash.gif]

boooo :(

20120910_002f.jpg

got my car washed at one of these valet places in multi storey car parks at shopping centres, and afterwards noticed this big scratch along the front of my bonnet.

it looks like there's been a bit of grit or something on the cloth.. I went back and had a word with the guy and he said it was an old scratch, if they drop a cloth they replace it blah blah blah...

I said i knew i couldn't prove anything, but won't be going back... only reason i went is because i don't have time at the mo.

although, if it didn't happen then, it means it must have been keyed some time :evil:

still, on the plus side, i decided that my gear box has ran in, so had some fun on the hour drive on a and b roads home from my mam's, and all i can say is

:D:D:D:D:D8-)