can't mind if there's a clip on the rear hub for the abs sensor maybe? or is that one of the clips the rear bumper screws into on the corner of the wheel arch?? that might be it!

• 4 weeks later...

Had a properly weird thing happening one night this week. When I turned my headlights on from sidelights, the left height adjustment motor moved a bit. With the headlights on, if I turned the left indicator on, it ran slowly, dimmed the left headlight, and set the front and rear windscreen wipers tuning constantly... The only way to them turn them off was to turn the headlights off again.

Fiddled with the wiring around the passenger side lights and it got rid of it, so there's obviously something dodgy in that area with current going to earth or something. 

• Confused 1

Maybe she's like Christine? 😊 Never had that before, bad enough it was affecting the indicator lights but when it then starts messing with the wipers it's a scary one. Deffo has to be a bad earth mate, don't think there's any other explanation for it.

TUBS 2.........Bad to the bone! :lol:

• Haha 1

I think that grant had done the usdm indicator /running light thing, and when the car was in getting all the work done I asked them to swap my old lighting loom of Tubs. Think they just wired them up the right way around though as there's loads of insulation tape around the wires to the headlights (which tbh is why I gave them a wiggle..)

Did spend all evening the night before trying to understand wiring diagrams in the Haynes manual and the Honda workshop manual. 

:geeky:

• Like 1

Them wiring diagrams are a mare to fathom! Yes, pretty sure Grant did have the USDM conversion done on her in the past so might have something to do with it. I'd be tempted to unravel that insulation tape to see if they've actually soldered the wires or just twisted them together mate. These decks are always giving us we niggles now they're getting old.

• Like 1

Sunday car wash day as I've got a couple of hours to myself. 

PXL_20231008_141506684.jpg

PXL_20231008_141537163.jpg

Second time using this stuff.. 

PXL_20231008_141603211.jpg

Really good.. Was a bit of a chew putting the base coat on last time, but once that's on, you use it after rinsing and then just buff off. It must be nearly two months since I put the base coat on, but the water was still running off in sheets when I was rinsing the shampoo off. 

Other products used today are.. 

PXL_20231008_142142395.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So since the sun was out, I decided to give the old girl one last wash and coating of the hybrid wax before going to bed for the winter, and decided to give under the shuttle panel at the bottom of the windscreen a check / clean out to make sure it wasn't collecting leaves. 

Thought it seemed okay, so gave it a bit of a clean anyway to get rid of some slime. 

PXL_20231022_140640515.jpg

PXL_20231022_140632452.jpg

PXL_20231022_140627898.jpg

But then found some bloody rust on the passenger side corner 

PXL_20231022_141859644.jpg

PXL_20231022_141843653.MP.jpg

The top skin is peeling off, and there's bare metal underneath, which has thankfully just got some surface rust... Feels like I've caught this just in the nick of time... But feel a bit sick. Didn't take any more pics after cleaning it up a bit more, but need to get it treated and sorted ASAP. 

• Sad 1