this..

Hi Dr....you will also need the collar for one of the gears on the countershaft PFKL434091 COLLAR, DISTANCE, 36.5X42X30 £24.98...heres the link...part no 8.

http://www.hondaoriginalparts.com/honda ... k_03=19786

....without this its pretty useless....id triple check all this fits together as the diff in the S9B is different...youll be the first on this me thinks...in the pic you can see the difference..the one on the left is 4.75FD and the one on the right is 4.4FD....see the thickness just above the bottom gear on the two pics....go on lings parts website. youll find it there.

004.jpg

hmm. done some research >>> quote M-factory.>> If you're fitting an oem 4.785, then you will also need the oem '98 spec ITR 1st gear, collar and 2 piece needle bearing.... explains why the 1st gear may not fit over the collar.

Just been reading this too Naz - cheers for looking into it bud :)

I'm assuming that because the 1st gear ratio's the same for the s80 and s9b (in fact all hydraulic b series) I'd only need one for the countershaft and not need to replace both.

Also, just seen your PM - cheers fella, looks like this is the way forward 8-)

hope that it doesn't take long to get the part coz my car's blocking up my mates garage :lol:

So this is where I was reading about the 1st gear - seems a little different from the other quote (though M-factory replied at the bottom of the thread)

http://www.ek9.org/forum/transmission/29835-s9b-final-drive.html - 2nd post:

"When installing a 4,785 FD You will additionally need the 1st gear (with roller bearings, hub and friction damper) from this gearbox (s80 98+spec ITR gearbox)."

what do you think he means by hub? I spoke to the lad doing it to let him know about the 1st gear, and he asked if the synchros will fit - is the hub something to do with the synchros? when I read it first I assumed that he meant the collar that the bearings sit on.

man I wish I'd googled "S80 final drive swap s9B" a month ago [smash.gif][smash.gif]:roll:

:lol:

make sure the friction damper is put in the right way.. there is no harm in cleaning all the diss-assembled parts with kerosene, a good brush and dipped in MTF when re-installing. now would be a good time to put in M-Factory synchros. NEVER crunch :D

strictly speaking you should also buy a new nut for the top of the shaft, even after its torqued on it still comes loose. dont worry as i did'nt :lol: .. honda-bond on the case seals the lot.

dont forget to lign up the stopper ring brake item no 9. or the case wont go on

http://www.lingshondaparts.com/honda_ca ... k_03=17432