MC2 Project - Chassis prep

DeLaSoul

Probably the best way! i tried with a thin scalpel and it took forever. How will you go about re-fitting? or will you get the pro's in?

I had the tool which was easy to use but just took time. Used loads of soapy water and the blade just slid through. Long knife also came in handy ;)

I will get a pro in to refit the glass, I really don't want to do it and risk breaking any pieces.

Dribble. applause.gif1

I'd love a stripped deck [smitten.gif]

It's going to be noisy!

:shock: Wow, can't believe how much work is going on here, shame about the 1st seat but I suppose you can put up with that one. :D:D

I was a little miffed tbh as the Circuit II was supposed to be for someone my size but at least I've found out before the mounts get fitted to the car. That said, the new seat is just as cool to look at :D

wonder on what engine mods this will have planed eyebrows.gif1

I had a few plans but it keeps changing. I have the new manifold that I wrapped ages ago, and I need to change that bloody intake manifold!!! It was a git to get off and I think a Skunk 2 or Edelbrock unit would be much nicer. We'll see how the budget goes over the next few months, but I must have shaved quite a lot of weight off the shell so I won't need silly power upgrades

I had a few plans but it keeps changing. I have the new manifold that I wrapped ages ago, and I need to change that bloody intake manifold!!! It was a git to get off and I think a Skunk 2 or Edelbrock unit would be much nicer. We'll see how the budget goes over the next few months, but I must have shaved quite a lot of weight off the shell so I won't need silly power upgrades

Naz (weetec) has posted some info on the C5 facebook site showing that the ports on the skunk 2 are same as itr so don't match c4 ports AEB is a correct port match, not sure about edelbrock but there is someone on here with an edelbrock making great power, kenny_tmt:http://www.civic5.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=141&t=9341&start=80

Naz (weetec) has posted some info on the C5 facebook site showing that the ports on the skunk 2 are same as itr so don't match c4 ports AEB is a correct port match, not sure about edelbrock but there is someone on here with an edelbrock making great power, kenny_tmt:http://www.civic5.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=141&t=9341&start=80

Cheers mate, I remember seeing it - good info. Skunk 2 do several versions of their intake (as do Edelbrock et al), one specifically for the C4 engine (which I think is the same as the US spec C1/GSR head?) The C4 is the odd one out of the B18C heads with the AEB, but a simple upgrade would be to drop a B16A1 head on it and use an ITR intake. If my memory serves me well, the B16A1 head is a machine ported version of the B18C6 (which was hand ported) and is a fraction of the cost. I have two local engine builders I trust that can port the head to match the intake/exhaust manifold, so I would just need cams to suit. We will see, nothing set in stone on the engine build just yet so plenty of time for some surfing for ideas 8-) Any links are appreciated though

Car is now ready for tomorrows trip up to the roll cage fabricators. Last little jobs done, and took the sunroof assembly out single handed which is not a job I wanted to do.

20121104_112812.jpg

Start by taking out all but the corner bolts. Loosen them off ready for the next step.

20121104_112821.jpg

Make sure all the wiring is unclipped and hanging free

20121104_112826.jpg

Fix a set of cargo straps under the roof mechanism ready to hold the roof up once released

20121104_113737.jpg

and un-bolt one side

20121104_113732.jpg

and then the other side - roof rests on the straps

20121104_113834.jpg

I then undid the straps and lowered the roof into the cabin, then lifted the entire mechanism out through the boot ;)

20121104_115305.jpg

20121104_115310.jpg

Just a few odds and ends to remove/tidy up but not much. Time to go watch the Grand Prix :D

bet there's a wee bit of weight in that set up :)

Few kg's. Going to weld a panel in the roof for now to fill the gap. I took all the glass up to Plastics 4 Performance on Friday so they can make perspex copies. Every little helps [smitten.gif][smash.gif]

Are you going to have it weighed when you're done stripping?

Once the cage and seat are in I will stick her on some corner scales as I am willing to bet the springs will be a mile off :ugeek:

quote:simple upgrade would be to drop a B16A1 head on it and use an ITR intake.

note:^this would lower CR 9.6 i think.even itr pistons would also be lower CR 9.8 compared too b18c4 10:1 CR

Port the c4 head,+3 angle valve job =its better angled port inlets,and put better pistons in >to increase CR. :idea:

Think Naz means sk2 has not conciderd this angled difference:idea:

but am sure you have an intresting build in mind :)