MC2 Project - Chassis prep

DeLaSoul

So, power gains to be had by changing it then!

So compared to ITR cams at £ stupid for 9bhp what does an mr2 pump come in at?

I bought mine a while back for £100 including pig tails, New hoses will cost another £40 plus I have to wire it in etc. I did do this in some part for the small power gain but mainly to have speed sensitive power steering
  • Like 1

Yeah I guess that's a way to look at it. Like I say my main reason is control. I remember back in the 80's where Toyota got into trouble for stating there 4AGE engines made about 140bhp at the flywheel but no one could get within 15bhp until Toyota owned up and showed the rig they used where the alternator, water pump and other auxiliaries weren't on the engine and the water was being pumped externally! Freeing up 5bhp at the flywheel is still 5bhp I wouldn't have had otherwise:) I also get to turn off the power steering if I feel like a work out lol

Just a quick pic of another car with the Toyota PS pump I was looking at on the weekend.  Awesome work but was talking to Maz as Hond-R as they were doing all the work on the CRX.  Not sure I like the idea of it being behind the headlight but this build was more looks that function.  Cool work though

20150103_121711_HDR.jpg20150103_121728_HDR.jpg

• Like 1

Nice updates Dave ..

Shame about the bit of rust at the back, at least its not huge ..

Power steering pump is interesting .. Defo agree with the less rotational mass unlocking more power! Felt it well on my EK with only the alt running .. Which, technically you could almost do away with too if you were just running track time !

• Like 1

While good in theory I would always have that nag in the back of my mind about running out of electricity half way around a lap, worse still if it was the Nurburgring :lol:

While good in theory I would always have that nag in the back of my mind about running out of electricity half way around a lap, worse still if it was the Nurburgring :lol:

Well yeah of course .. But there are many cars that do ... Trial and error I suppose figuring out how big a battery you need to get through a certain number of laps ..

Well yeah of course .. But there are many cars that do ... Trial and error I suppose figuring out how big a battery you need to get through a certain number of laps ..

You're making it sound like a damn Vauxhall Ampera! LOL

• Like 1