MC2 Project - Chassis prep

DeLaSoul

Good plan mate ..

So are you using it to seam weld/undercoat underneath ? Or you keeping it on there for the body spraying too?

Need a hand over xmas at somepoint? I've got quite a bit of time off, so could pop up?

• Like 1

Good plan mate .. So are you using it to seam weld/undercoat underneath ? Or you keeping it on there for the body spraying too? Need a hand over xmas at somepoint? I've got quite a bit of time off, so could pop up?

Cheers mate, yes I'm stripping the underside ready for welding and paint and hoped to leave the chassis on it for the painter but it seems a bit too high. I've got some welding to do also to mount the rad and power steering pump and a few small brackets around the roll cage.

I've got a few pieces to paint (airbrushing hobby) before Xmas then I'm back on the civic but you're welcome any time:)

• Like 1

Do you have a welder?/are you fabricating yourself?

Why would the rotisserie be too high to paint the underside? Just use a crate to stand on ;)

Ok mate, I'll give you a bell over Xmas.

• Like 1

Do you have a welder?/are you fabricating yourself?

Why would the rotisserie be too high to paint the underside? Just use a crate to stand on ;)

Ok mate, I'll give you a bell over Xmas.

I have access to a welder, but not got my own :(

The stand if fine for me to work on the car, just thought if the painter is working on the sides of the car, the middle of the door will be at shoulder height!

I have access to a welder, but not got my own :(

The stand if fine for me to work on the car, just thought if the painter is working on the sides of the car, the middle of the door will be at shoulder height!

I guess that may not be so bad while he works on the lower half of the car?

• 2 weeks later...