MC2 Project - Chassis prep

DeLaSoul

so will it be fibreglass or something?

Yes in the end.  Once all filled and smoothed I will filler prime and smooth off (not glass smooth like the roof but close) and then make a skirt around the edge to stop any gel coat  or fibre glass going around the edge then take a fibre glass mould from this wooden plug.  Once set, pull out the wooden plug, apply wax and release agents and fill back in with gel coat and fibre glass that will give me light weight custom dash.  I'll have this flocked so finish doesn't have to be perfect

• Like 1

Mate if you ever see it in the metal, you wont even get through the garage door !!! 

I must admit, there are times I climb into the seat and don't want to get out.  Love the new wheel and harnesses!  

• Like 1

Dave's will have more room for the weekly shop though! 

Certainly won't have to fold the seats down to fit all the wood for the dashboard, just slide it in around the roll cage!

I forgot to update the thread about the rear chassis brace although it was talked about elsewhere on the forum, after a session on the lathe and mill....

20150128_110842_HDR.jpg

20150128_110837_HDR.jpg

20150202_210919.jpg

Bit that had to be cut away on the chassis to get the brace to fit - now needs a plate welding in

20150202_205129.jpg

20150202_191028.jpg

• Like 2