**My 1st car project thread, MB3**

vtec2011

Right, I was washing the car earlier and noticed the rear wheels are really kicking out. Kicking out even more than the above photos. Do I need another 4 wheel alignment and camber arms? 

Tyre's are not going to last and probably a lot of stress on the wheel bearings I can imagine...  :?  

That's just what naturally happens when you lower an M. Camber arms and an alignment will sort it. :)

I can see my rears need the camber arms, haven't bothered taking it for alignment yet as I know it needs the rear arms! Be interesting to see if I need the front arms too!

I just made a stupid mistake and feels like I been conned :evil: Quite a fair bit of writing haha

Somebody I know knows another guy who breaks Honda's and I asked the bloke if he had any MB's breaking. Matey said he's got 40mm MB lowering springs on MB shocks. I thought... "that would be ideal for my car so it's level front and back. I'll have them!"

So we arranged time and place, I traveled about 15 miles to pick them up and met the bloke who was with a few other people in Maccy's carpark. We had a 5 minute chat admiring our Honda's an all. Then I looked at the suspension and noticed they are sleeves on MB shocks... I said they're not lowering springs mate. I explained to him why and how they are not but the seller wasn't having any of it. I said they are not for me mate, sorry.

He then have the cheek to say I have to pay him petrol money for meeting halfway?! I said "you trying to sell me something which is not what I wanted. You said they were lowering springs but they are sleeves, completely different thing" This discussion was going on for 5 minutes so I had enough and said see ya. Then his mate started having a go at me for wasting their time... I was there by myself with these 3 strangers and it almost felt like I was being threatened. Especially how they were staring at me.

So me being a pansy, I bought the sleeves... It's only 40 quid but that's half of my weeks wage!  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:

I think the lesson learned is to ask for pictures prior to meeting up. Sucks that you got pressured into buying something you didn't want though. Maybe you could sell them on? Make a bit of money back?

Yeah I should of stand up for myself but I didn't know who these people were. The way they were speaking to me, it was getting a bit out of hand... so I gave in. 

Oh well, I now have another spare set of good shocks. I heard a lot of bad things about sleeves but I have an idea... ;) 

They ain't so bad,,,cheap lows, buy cheap buy twice,,,,,if you've got some spare shocks laying around i'd use them to at least try and see how you get on.

Especially if its purely for looks, from what ive heard the ride can be bouncy and they can shorten the life of the shock(depending on how low you go)