My Civic MB2 Project! Discs and pads needed!

fyfie5

looks better mate but only for a while until the rust comes through again :( u can get something like this from halfords http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... yId_165594

but im sure this isnt the best rust eater out there but im sure the guys on the forum will know better ones :)

think i will invest in something like that.

Nice work! :D Are you going to underseal behind the skirts and front bumper? Tis worth doing. I got rust starting to show up between the bumper and rear quarter panel. And around the doors where the window seals sit :(

cheers :) i think i will do, defo under the skirts as they can get real bad! rust is a pain in the a*s!!

• 2 weeks later...

if anyone saw in the technical area of the forum i was having a struggle with the 2 screw under the handbrake to get the arm rest area out and today i went under and greased up the threads and lots of WD40 and using a ratchet screwdriver i finally got them out!! :D :D

but now i have a different problem any one who has put a vti arm rest in to a lower could you please help me, obviously the vti arm rest has the electric switches for all windows but i only have the loom for electric front windows and pins in the switch wont fit so what can i do? just change the switch in to the vti arm rest and mod it to fit? any help would be appreciated! thanks

today i also gave the civic a proper good clean, fitted my rial alloys for summer since the snow is gone now and fitted a new lambda sesnor but the EML is still on :( so lots done today but still lots to do before japfest!

Looks good man. Keep saying it, but if ya wanna stop rust on a Honda you need to take the inside of the boot out and seal inside the arches. Condensation forms due to poor airflow in the rear and the moisture runs down an rots the corners of the arch and sill from inide out.

if ya got bubbles on the outside I guarantee inside is super crusty!

Looks good man. Keep saying it, but if ya wanna stop rust on a Honda you need to take the inside of the boot out and seal inside the arches. Condensation forms due to poor airflow in the rear and the moisture runs down an rots the corners of the arch and sill from inide out.

if ya got bubbles on the outside I guarantee inside is super crusty!

ah is that how they rust! learn something new everyday, i'll have a look and see what its like! cheers

Can you not replace the window switches with your own?

i was going to do that, but im not sure it will work or not!

Can you not replace the window switches with your own?

did that today :D going to go to the scrappy to see if i can get some rover bolts for under the armrest as i kinda butchered the screws :lol:

pics will be up soon!!

8-) some more progress must be murder up there with all the bad weather no chance to mod on but now summers here :D

yep things are looking up now weather wise, snow all gone last week! an my engine light went off today! wahoo! feels so good to have a dash that isnt lit up like a christmas tree! :lol: