lol no probs. I see you have a new "Sir Esq" title too, welcome to the sSir madness! Wonder who did that? lmao

You ruined his sig then? :lol:

Changing titles on mobile does that I found! ;)

Have fun with that! I know how much of a pig that job is in the EP/EU having fitted my old head unit into my younger brother's motor! (Yes I managed to get him in a Honda for his first car muahahahahaha!)

Yeah fitted and removed, fitted and removed mine a few times in my EP i know what its like! Not to bad once you have done it a couple of time though.

Good luck with the FN mate, what do they handle like with the torsion bar rear end?

• Like 1

Yeah fitted and removed, fitted and removed mine a few times in my EP i know what its like! Not to bad once you have done it a couple of time though.

Good luck with the FN mate, what do they handle like with the torsion bar rear end?

Yeah if I end up with an EP3 I'll at least know where to prod now :lol:

Clarkson can tell you how different they handle!

My mate John has just text me saying "one more sleep" before he gets Ruby. :)

I'm finishing my shift at 7.30am, picking John up at 8am from Glasgow then head to Dave's in over an hour. Long morning for me but worth it as it's good to see John lusting after a Honda again. :)

I'm sure Ruby will be featured in many of my roadtrip videos as we both like spirited driving and enjoying our cars!

• Like 2

Yeah if I end up with an EP3 I'll at least know where to prod now :lol:

Clarkson can tell you how different they handle!

Clarkson, as much as I like him, is a complete muppet when it comes to reviewing cars we can actually afford! lol He totally slated the FN2, remember seeing it and thinking "what a tool!" We did a 353 mile round trip in Roxy last week. Was absolutely brilliant on a long run, with a mix of motorways, A-roads and B-roads. Although the suspension is stiff, she was still totally comfortable all the way. Handling wise, I've thrown her about quite a bit (all in the quest to get to know the car your honour!) and she's pretty much planted through the twisties. I'm not totally used to her yet, still learning her absolute limits, so not got the confidence I have with Ruby. But then I've been driving M's for over 10 years so know how they handle inside out.  I'd love to know what tyres they were both running in clarksons video, as the FN2 comes with bridgestones as standard and i feel they are total crap! Bet that EP3 isnt on crappy bridgestones! lol The EP3 rear set up is obviously better though, Honda shouldnt have changed it. But the FN2's still a planted car on the road, so I'd say not that much in it tbh.

Just been out in the garage tending to Ruby. She went for her MOT today....................and passed with flying colours yet again. Not even one advisory! She's always done me proud, and makes me think I must be a numpty letting her go! Got her boot loaded up with her original suspension, airbox and a few other bits n bobs. Noticed the interior light bulb had gone, so replaced that. Felt wierd sitting behind the wheel for probably the very last time cry.gif1

Tomorrows gonna be a pretty emotional day I think. She's been such a big part of my life, and still makes me smile every time I drive her. But the times right for me now, and I know that this time around, she is deffo going to the right new owner. John's totally smitten with her, and with his background I know she's going to be pampered and looked after, as well as driven the way she enjoys! So will make it a bit easier to say farewell to her.

Conditions of sale are in place though! John has to sign up here so we can follow her in her new life, and I want to see her at as many meets/events as he can manage!

One final wee touch..........................found a couple of Civic5 keyrings so have put them on her keys 8-)

• Like 4

Class write up Dave! Shame you had 'bit' regarding the Clarkson review! hahahaha swim past and dont take the bait!

John looked after his type r with passion! All honda parts and had spent £800 on tyres weeks before he traded it in! No expense will be spared with Ruby either. The minute i sent him the pictures of Ruby for sale my phone rang. He knew that i loved my car so knew Ruby was going to be his from then on. 

I will encourage him to go to the meets but you will defo see her on camera/pictures in the future.

John and I understand that it IS hard to let a car go. People think of cars as just metal, we see them as memories and all the effort put into them. John understands what it's like to loose something that means so much (in car terms). So rest assured he will look after Ruby and keep her in tip top shape..using Honda parts and with the attention to detail he shared with his ATR.

• Like 3

• Dave unpinned this topic