Cheers chaps, yes deffo the right choice and one I need to stick to. The deck will always be here, she'll never ever get sold, thats a promise I made to myself, and to Dawn, so I'll always be in a civic m. Cant own a site like this and not be in the appropriate car! lol

Just going out to the garage now to take the typeS appart to get the double din head unit out and refit the standard one. Massssssssive job, as most of the dashboard and complete centre console has to be removed! Also got to remove the TypeR rear lights I fitted (they'll go on flebay) and think thats about it. Busy day today!

Have fun with that! I know how much of a pig that job is in the EP/EU having fitted my old head unit into my younger brother's motor! (Yes I managed to get him in a Honda for his first car muahahahahaha!)

• Like 2

Nice one mm you need to get some nice pics of ruby before she goes so you can lock them away with the memories too are see you wanted a k20 engine like me lol lol lol lol mmmm

• Like 2

As said before, i hope your car goes to a club member that will appreciate all the effort that has went into it and also to respect the memories you had with the car by not putting a stupid max power bodykit and flashing neons under it! :) I know whoever buys Ruby can do what they want but if it goes to a recognised member then you will have a chance of it being looked after.......

.....and know it will be in good condition when you buy it for a 3rd time! :)

• Like 2

Not got any pics of the TypeR yet mate, might go down to Western Honda tomorrow and take a few ;-) But we do haver her new name picked, and a perfect name it is too! Gayle and I were trying to think what she should be called, and Gayle hit the jackpot again! Clever girl is my Gayle! All will be revealed when we pick her up Wednesday. Be sad to see Lexy go too, but she's been a brilliant car to own, so will miss her too. But then again, being in the FN2 will be like being in Lexy so alls good!

Got the free insurance sorted out today and the head unit is out with the standard one back in again. Mammoth job again, but turned out good and was a lot quicker than it took me last time! Also got her all hoovered out, and replaced a few other standard parts back onto her. Was going to remove the TypeR rear lights to sell on but couldn't be bothered, so she's keeping them.

Will deffo get some good photos and a proper video of Ruby done soon, one for keeps as said above ;-)

• Like 1

got any plans for modding the typeR?

If so, think a mate of mine is selling his induction kit from his FN2, let me know @Dave and I can check for you! 

• Like 1

She'll only be getting a few mods, as she's the daily driver. Induction kit is one (let me know price etc Krzys), wind deflectors, tinted windows and fitting my pioneer double din sat nav head unit. Oh, and spraying my wee red typeR dash model silver! lol Other than that, I think thats about it chaps. No big mods happening, as she handles great and is plenty fast enough as standard. ;-)

I've asked the question dude, I'll send you a text when I hear back! 8-)

Doesn't need a lot when DD will be the proper show queen! :D

Plus the Rage alloys look awesome! 

• Dave unpinned this topic