Mr Brown's Project MB3- Front End Repair Underway

Mr Brown

LOL i was loving it driving around with them on tonight even though i was the only one seeing them :smile:  :smile:

Why share stuff with the rest of the world, it only invites people to annoy you anyway :lol: 

Dropped her off to my mechanic today he got a couple of bit i asked him to do then he will take her for her mot. Im not worried at all i don't expect a big bill back afterwards.

She passed 142,000 miles last night at work which means i have now done 35,000 miles since owning her and as i said to my mechanic this morning she has not cost me hardly anything to repair in that time, the only recurring problem has been c.v boots keep going and i end up changing c.v joints because of it but he said he may have a couple of drive shafts kicking about so if he has he will change them in case thats the problem.

And in those 35,000 miles she has never once not started or stopped working in any way at all.  Man i love these M's....

• Like 1

i know have replaced four boots (three joints) since last christmas and he is doing the fifth one as one of the jobs to do ??? but saying that i get the parts sooooo cheap and he charges me so little that it has not caused me any problems keep going , just annoying noise when the c.v starts knocking

i know have replaced four boots (three joints) since last christmas and he is doing the fifth one as one of the jobs to do ??? but saying that i get the parts sooooo cheap and he charges me so little that it has not caused me any problems keep going , just annoying noise when the c.v starts knocking

Could be the cheap parts just aren't up to the hussle and bussle of your work? But if it's not a problem then carry on as you are dude!  

That was my other thought mate so i told him to get the parts this time from his supplier as i may be buying a dodgy batch

Hopefully will see you through for longer mate! :) 

Nice one mate! She's holding up really well and especially for that mileage. Not so much about the engine because Honda's are bullet proof (obviously) but what's around the car, like suspension an all. I love how my 17 year old MB3 is faultless! Fly's through the MOT every time without any advisories in the last 3 years of owning her. She's a gem! :smile:

• Like 2