kinks EG project. B18 turbo

KiNK43

You having bad heat soak jake that it's melting :shock:

Mm you may need to run a long ram air intake ,or make a box and run a cold feed in .you it you just run a cold feed to the filter as it is the engine bay always get coverd in shxx . :lol::lol::lol:;)

Eg seems to have very poor airflow due to lack of grill. Yeah drove about 3 miles earlier and heat soak was obvious.

Pulled up and air filter was untouchable.

hmmm will put cold feed to that corner and see what I can knock up to isolate the filter from the rest of the bay. Similar to prezes or raz s .

Eg seems to have very poor airflow due to lack of grill. Yeah drove about 3 miles earlier and heat soak was obvious.

hmmm will put cold feed to that corner and see what I can knock up to isolate the filter from the rest of the bay. Similar to prezes or raz s .

it might be worth seeing if you can adjust when the fan kick's in, different fan switch with a lower temperature setting, is there anyway of opening up the front bumper to let in more air flow?

Well its only little niggles. Was to be expected. I will have it all sorted asap. Still don't know how often ill drive it. Looks so mint I'm scared to keep it outside my house. So tucked it back up in garage. How sad ay.

it might be worth seeing if you can adjust when the fan kick's in, different fan switch with a lower temperature setting, is there anyway of opening up the front bumper to let in more air flow?

You can get stuff like that, thermostats that open up at lower temperatures and low temp fan switches too, help keep the beast cool! 8-)

Car looks bloody amazing! I hope you make it to the upcoming Leicester meet with her! [smitten.gif]8-)

Feel your pain about needing to keep it away from the muppets though! [smash.gif]

Yeah man ill be there. Tis a shame at the minute. I think I need to get over it and realise that it is a road car, its gonna get dirty underneathe and it will get knocked and scraped by the douche bags that say "what, its just a car"

An old R5 turbo trick was to drill a small hole in the stat, to let some water straight through to aid cooling, as you may know they're absolutely shocking for running hot. :)

Yeah man ill be there. Tis a shame at the minute. I think I need to get over it and realise that it is a road car, its gonna get dirty underneathe and it will get knocked and scraped by the douche bags that say "what, its just a car"

banghead.gif1banghead.gif1 That's why I love my garage, shame I have to take it to tesco's though. :(

looks so clean! unbelievable transformation it such quick time aswell although I bet it doesn't feel quick to you :lol:

I cant get over that front lip, looks so good colour coded!

Cheers mate. Yeah you'd think that lip grew there. Took a bit of tugging to get it on. Pleased with the colour code tho looks the part.

Spose done well time wise. Especially when considering my other commitments.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank my wife for not moaning once about me doing this build. She has gobsmacked me with her patience for a change actually.

Can rip up the divorce papers.... For now