Maz's Silver MB2 Project... SOLD SOLD SOLD!!! :(

ammarbm

Ok I have been trying to contact them but I am trying to avoid the 0845 number but I could only get through to their claims department on the normal landline number and they were not willing to help at all with the matter. I have sent an email to their complaint department let's see what they reply. I did find this on their website:

If we decide to cancel

8.4 We or Your Agent may cancel this insurance by sending 7 clear days' notice of cancellation, by recorded delivery, to Your last known address. You will not be insured from the 8th day after delivery of the notice.

8.5 We will refund the part of your Premium which applies to the remaining Period of the Insurance by reference to the table at 8.3.3.

8.6 If you have an Agent, any refund will be sent to your Agent.

I think this is what happened. They must have told him to send me the notice in writing but he couldn't be bothered so he just called me on the last day and told me they have decided to cancel the insurance form midnight.

Ok I have been trying to contact them but I am trying to avoid the 0845 number but I could only get through to their claims department on the normal landline number and they were not willing to help at all with the matter. I have sent an email to their complaint department let's see what they reply. I did find this on their website:

If we decide to cancel

8.4 We or Your Agent may cancel this insurance by sending 7 clear days' notice of cancellation, by recorded delivery, to Your last known address. You will not be insured from the 8th day after delivery of the notice.

8.5 We will refund the part of your Premium which applies to the remaining Period of the Insurance by reference to the table at 8.3.3.

8.6 If you have an Agent, any refund will be sent to your Agent.

I think this is what happened. They must have told him to send me the notice in writing but he couldn't be bothered so he just called me on the last day and told me they have decided to cancel the insurance form midnight.

I'd say it doesn't count, as it clearly states 7 clear days from when it's delivered to your address, which it hasn't been!  

Might need to get in touch with trading standards or whatever firm it is that deals with insurance companies?

• Like 1

Don't know what to say other than. What an Arse hole

Truely mate..he is the biggest one I have dealt with  :D

The car is still showing as insured on AskMID website. Does anyone know how long does it take to appear uninsured if my insurance was cancelled last night?

Truely mate..he is the biggest one I have dealt with :D

The car is still showing as insured on AskMID website. Does anyone know how long does it take to appear uninsured if my insurance was cancelled last night?

Would have thought it would be showing by now if it had been cancelled but I could be wrong, probably worth while to keep checking it to be sure! 

• Like 1

I'd say it doesn't count, as it clearly states 7 clear days from when it's delivered to your address, which it hasn't been!  

Might need to get in touch with trading standards or whatever firm it is that deals with insurance companies?

You are right mate..I will wait for a couple of hours to see if they reply to the email. if not I will try the 0845 number to see if I can speak to someone.

Would have thought it would be showing by now if it had been cancelled but I could be wrong, probably worth while to keep checking it to be sure! 

Lol may be if I am lucky I get a free year's policy :D