Maz's Silver MB2 Project... SOLD SOLD SOLD!!! :(

ammarbm

Looks cool! And what Nick says, I always reset the ecu after any mod has been done on the engine. You might not feel the difference after but you never know. I have noticed a difference after resetting the ecu when I changed the exhaust manifold  ;)

Hmm a difference after changing manifold. .I will definitely be doing the reset then :D

Didn't you say earlier in your guide to remove the ecu then remove ecu fuses? So I have to just remove all the fuses in the fuse box and then put them back in the same order?

in the fuse box in the engine bay (near the battery) there's a fuse with "ecu" and one with "ecu backup" on.... that's all you have to whip out (might need some little pliers though) :)

• Like 1

Didn't you say earlier in your guide to remove the ecu then remove ecu fuses? So I have to just remove all the fuses in the fuse box and then put them back in the same order?

Get the car warmed up, turn it off and remove the ecu & ecu back up fuses and leave it for 10 minutes, put the fuses back and start the car again and run it up to temp again without touching the throttle.

Yeah, sorry it does read like that, as Simon says it's the fuse that says "ecu" and the one that says "ecu backup". 

• Like 1

I'll be doing the ECU reset on monday! So basically maz... Run engine up to temp... Turn off... Take fuse cover off fuse box... Look under fuse cover for the 'ECU' and 'ECU BACKUP' fuses... Take those two fuses out... Leave ten minutes... Put fuses back.. Start engine and leave to idle untill back up to temperature then your done...??? Thats how i read it, sound right lads??

• Like 1

I'll be doing the ECU reset on monday! So basically maz... Run engine up to temp... Turn off... Take fuse cover off fuse box... Look under fuse cover for the 'ECU' and 'ECU BACKUP' fuses... Take those two fuses out... Leave ten minutes... Put fuses back.. Start engine and leave to idle untill back up to temperature then your done...??? Thats how i read it, sound right lads??

Spot on. :)

i understood from the original description must be nick and i are just wiser (not older okay)

No, I think you've got that the wrong way round. :lol:

• Like 1

Ok as advised I did the ECU Reset today and I could feel the difference on the way back from work..so much better acceleration..Manifold and new Air Filter working to their full potential now :)...definitely would be doing that from now on every time there is a performance upgrade :)

Just one question though..on the inside of Fuse Box cover the ECU backup fuse shows 7.5A but the one I got is 10A in that place as you can see in the pic..Can someone explain if that's ok?

20131225_163214.jpg

Oh Ok buy it hadn't done any problem for over a year now. .where is the best place to get fuse?

Halfords may be easiest but they probably only sell them in those multipacks.