Burbleboy's VTi-S Build **NOW SOLD 16/12/15**

burbleboy

• 2 weeks later...

So, the sunroof! I'm selling the car so wanted things to be right. After an alleged bird pecked my sunroof seal I set about the task of repairing it by fitting a second hand sunroof. The sunroof itself doesn't come separate so have to change the full thing which is not that big a deal...

My mate JayTripleR is the mechanic so he helped me with the project;

20151115_094951.jpg

taadaa;

20151115_100936.jpg

My sunroof interior slide panel was in better nick than the donor so changed that over. It was fiddly as you had to manually move the sunroof to get access to the retaining clips to free off and remove the coloured sunroof trim...

20151115_115813.jpg

Donor interior trim;

20151115_115824.jpg

While all this was going on I took out the drivers seat and went to fix the usual side bolster bracket that breaks (plastic bracket). I had small 'L' brackets from B&Q to rivet in place of the bracket.

Here is the 'how to'; http://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-how-tos-installations/581546-how-repair-evo-viii-cloth-recaro.html

20151115_094959.jpg

The seat cloth comes off very easy and access to the bracket took a few minutes;

20151115_141230.jpg

Meanwhile JayTripleR was struggling with the new sunroof install as it's really a two man job....so I went to help him.....

20151115_095019.jpg

4 hours later and things were not looking good :(

The sunroof was fitted but the whole sunroof sat far too high in the closed position. So much so that there was a visible gap at the at the front sunroof seal (no pics as we weren't in the mood) We had spent ages trying to change the motor positioning and checking different things. Everything lined up and bolted in well, but just sat too high????

I then checked the part numbers on the corresponding sunroof assemblies and found different part numbers. A quick call to the person that supplied it and found it was off an Aerodeck. I was under the impression that I had got an MB6 but hey! THEY ARE DIFFERENT!

MB6 sunroof assembly;

20151115_144234.jpg

Aerodeck sunroof assembly;

2ab92e8e-7890-4cb5-9185-87f0128e7cad.jpg

Now I had run out of time to fix the seat as the workshop was closing at 4pm :(

Had to build up my old sunroof assembly (less the swopped interior trim as would take too long).

Lesson learned...ask what car the second hand item is from first.

That was my only time to fix the car so it's being sold with two outstanding issues. Seat and sunroof. I did try :(

Note, when buying a replacement sunroof..DO NOT SWOP THE INTERIOR PANEL as this adds an hour or so onto the job. Clean the fecker instead

Car is now for sale.

It's now back on original plates with updated V5. Ready to go.

* MOT until October 2016 (no advisories on any of my MOT's)

* No smoke and uses very little oil

* No rust

* Air con ice cold

* Foglamps work fine (aftermarket)

* Recent clutch and carbon syncros

* All fluids been changed in 2015

Bad points;

Front splitter stone chipped

Sunroof repaired via silicone. No issues.

Recaro seat bolster broken (brackets supplied)

Couple of age related dings & x2 sublte scratch

£1999

Attached is the service history which is backed up by 90% of receipts.

WILL NOT BREAK FOR SPARES. CAR COMPLETE. Do not want to see ANOTHER VTI-S going to car heaven for the sake of a few extra bucks by breaking it :(

civic service history.pdf