Krzys' MB6 VTi-S - Sold!

Krzys

Just thought i would share my experience with new/refurbed caliper i got for my n/s/r. Once fitted the new caliper (euro carparts) i couldnt get a decent pedal. I had a decent pedal BEFORE the new caliper but not after new one fitted.

Took new caliper back and got replacement. Turns out the new (2nd) caliper came with a red and yellow warning tag on it saying "do not move the adjustment lever until fitted and bled". OOPS! But the first caliper i got didn't have a warning tag on it so I had been fiddling with the handbrake lever thinking "this is well free and loose".

I can only inagine that doing this caused some sort of air lock inside the caliper but as i didnt muck around with replacement...the pedal was fine.

Just mentioning this as it could be the same problem of poor pedal, even after bleeding for an hour! :(

Hope this all made sense as i re-read all this and i'm thinking... "good luck"!

• Like 2

Just thought i would share my experience with new/refurbed caliper i got for my n/s/r. Once fitted the new caliper (euro carparts) i couldnt get a decent pedal. I had a decent pedal BEFORE the new caliper but not after new one fitted.

Took new caliper back and got replacement. Turns out the new (2nd) caliper came with a red and yellow warning tag on it saying "do not move the adjustment lever until fitted and bled". OOPS! But the first caliper i got didn't have a warning tag on it so I had been fiddling with the handbrake lever thinking "this is well free and loose".

I can only inagine that doing this caused some sort of air lock inside the caliper but as i didnt muck around with replacement...the pedal was fine.

Just mentioning this as it could be the same problem of poor pedal, even after bleeding for an hour! :(

Hope this all made sense as i re-read all this and i'm thinking... "good luck"!

Good bit of info, the only messing about I did was refitting the cable so I'm hoping I haven't inadvertently upset it! But we shall find out! 

I won't have any time to play with the handbrake today so it's on my list of things to do tomorrow evening, feel like this week I haven't had time for anything I've wanted to do! :(

Yep! Had plans to clean it all before the wheels went back on but with my brother's time constraints for bleeding the brakes and me now needing the car more than wanting it meant I've had to skip or risk being without the car another couple of weeks! Well that's probably an exaggeration but you get the idea. Neither of my brothers are around for the next two weeks at least! 

Having done some reading I think the spongy pedal is down to the Brembo pads being soft and should firm up as they bed in as my brother and Kyfer also mentioned. Will use the car for this evenings outing as we're off into the sticks so should be able to do some planned braking to help get them mated! 

Will look at the handbrake side tomorrow evening before I go to the pub! All being well I can spend Saturday cleaning it all as the car has been housing a few spiders on door handles etc whilst she's been stood :lol: