So my goodies arrived today!

Thanks Carl Conroy

bWrQRHp.jpg?1

yef6foD.jpg?1

Cleaner/clearer lenses

Sprayed black

And I think the orange indicator caps look badass!

Any tips for fitting? I see there's one screw down the side which might be a pig to get to!

Lights are wicked. Where u egg them from. Loving the indicator section

Lights are wicked. Where u egg them from. Loving the indicator section

I absolutely love them.

I bought them from  member on here :)

Okay, some more bits done today!

After noticing a small oil leak by the gearbox (Most likely a shaft seal) I decided to check the oil levels. I undone the filler plug and nothing came out, oops.

Went to Halfords (gah!) to source some Castrol SMX-S which they told me they no longer stock and instead it's been replaced with Castrol Syntrans 

cas_syntras_multi_75w90.jpg

I grabbed 3 litres, enough to top it up now and enough left over to do all full drain when I'm free. 2.2L iirc?

The box took around 0.5L of oil. Pulling away in first gear is a dream. So smooth now, it used to (rarely) judder quite violently pulling away. Worrying. Gear changes are smoother in general.

As for the whirring noise I'm sure it's quietened down quite a bit. Although I seem to be the only sod who can hear it! :D

LOL i did the same thing convincing myself the bearings were knackered bought fronts and my mechanic said they did not changing, it did end up being my tyres as when i replaced them i chose tyres with a lower db rating and it was much quieter 

Save me looking back what size tyres/rims are you running ????

LOL i did the same thing convincing myself the bearings were knackered bought fronts and my mechanic said they did not changing, it did end up being my tyres as when i replaced them i chose tyres with a lower db rating and it was much quieter 

Save me looking back what size tyres/rims are you running ????

4 new tyres. Could be rolling noise from the tyres but I'm 100% convinced it isn't :D

They're Roadstones. Not mega pricey, i'll look into it, thanks :)

Glad it's smoothed things up mate! Yet to do mine. Have the mtf sat in the garage waiting to go in

Seems as though the lenses aren't on the electronic adjusters properly and they're moving about when driving. Solution? Some temporary bodging.

I'll double check the beam height tonight. :)

eILgI7T.jpg?1

• Like 1

Not good about the lights, it looks like they haven't been put back together properly. :(

Basic maintenance makes a big difference but I'm also guilty of thinking of the worst when I hear a noise!

What was that, did you hear that, *cue much weaving around to replicate the noise. :lol:

• Like 3

Not good about the lights, it looks like they haven't been put back together properly. :(

What was that, did you hear that, *cue much weaving around to replicate the noise. :lol:

I've been doing this since putting my coils on. Can't decide whether it's trim or something serious. But as my has a weave I can't get replicate it!