Hey chaps,

Just phoned my local Honda garage for a quote on a cambelt change.

I've done 30k in the car and I know it was done a couple years before I bought the car, the change must be near. (5yrs / 60k?)

£250 for a belt replacement but that does not contain tensioners. They said they dont need changing on these Hondas. Is this true!?

Water pump is a "fit and forget" and if it's OEM it doesn't need replacing until it fails. But if it does fail, it's a belt off job, so why not kill 2 birds with 1 stone here.

I also asked about an oil and filter change because it's due and I'm a bit lazy. £100..... £100 to undo a plug and drop oil out. Shocking. So I'll be doing that myself.

I'll phone back tomorrow. Service was unavailable today :( and I was put through to parts who gave me a ballpark figure.

I have paperwork of a cambelt ordered in Jan 2012 so it's close to being due. No paperwork for a water pump or tensioners but that's not to say they haven't been done before *gulp*.

Bought myself a silver rear VTiS splitter :) Should be at home tomorrow.

Oh and I can only quick reply to this thread. If I click "More reply options". I get a permissions error.

Will look ace with that fitted mate, really does change the rear of them.

Regarding the error, try deleting all your browser history including cookies, then close the browser and try visiting the site again. Shouldn't be any errors like that so may be duff site history stored in your browser. If it still does it, let me know via a support ticket bud. I'm not around the site much at the moment with other stuff going on but get emails about support tickets so can deal with it quicker for ya that way ;-)

• Like 1

Rear tail light seals are prone to letting water in too! 

The car might just need drying out with a dehumidifier though.

Yeah do the belt, water pump and tensioners together. 

• Like 1

Delivery at home today :) Pretty excited to get it on.

Car has been okay recently. It had a day with the windows opened which hellped and about a week's travel to work with heat on and windows down.

A bag of silica gel in the centre console has solved most of the problems. Had very little steam over the past week or so even with all the frosty weather.