And my MB6 is officially dechromed!

2014-03-29182937.jpg

Getting it to this stage took longer than I wanted it to. I had rounded off screws and washers that wouldn't come out. Unfortunately had to remove them by force but the MB3 generously replaced the broken items. Already in touch with a breaker who will replace the ones I took off the MB3. :)

2014-03-30022101.jpg

After a whole day of priming and painting, this was the result on Saturday night.

2014-03-30115111.jpg2014-03-30115128.jpg

And refitted this morning. :D

• Like 3

Just rub it over lightly with some wet 2000/2500 grit paper and you'll get rid of any imperfections, whack another clear coat on after if you need to, it doesn't take long to dry.

Ah, thanks! I'll give it a week before doing that, don't want to ruin something I've actually succeeded at for once. :lol:

Ah, thanks! I'll give it a week before doing that, don't want to ruin something I've actually succeeded at for once. :lol:

Looks pretty good anyway bud. You won't ruin it if you rub gently if it needs more clear coat after that fine if not just polish it and it will shine up lovely. :)

Ever since I put on the mesh grill, I've been annoyed by seeing the red grill brace behind the mesh. Since the weather is nice and I'm still in a painting mood I decided to rectify that. :)

IMG-20140330-WA0034.jpg#

2014-03-30142915.jpg

IMG-20140330-WA0036.jpg

Now, someone please take this paint away from me before I actually do more harm than good. WACK11111

• Like 1

Went out for a drive to celebrate my successful dechroming. Ended up finding where all the boy racers do mad skidzz. Maybe I'll stake the place out one night and see if anything decent shows up. :lol:

Oh and of course I took a couple of nice pictures to show off the lack of chrome. :D

2014-03-30180308.jpg

2014-03-30180325.jpg

• Like 2