Meet Roxy! Daves Honda Civic TypeR FN2 (UPDATE: Roxy waving goodbye to Civic5)

Dave

They say the k20 in standard form with a map will only gain about 10bhp at peak but gains 40bhp in the mid range.

According to TDi North that is.

http://www.tdi-north.com/faqs

That's a K20A2 @Krzys, the K20Z4 in the FN2 doesn't map as well as the A2 unfortunately.

I know on an EP3 you can do RBC inlet manifold, headers, exhaust, and intake and make 240-250bhp peak without being cammed but I'm not sure on the K20Z4 in the FN2

That's a K20A2 @Krzys, the K20Z4 in the FN2 doesn't map as well as the A2 unfortunately.

I know on an EP3 you can do RBC inlet manifold, headers, exhaust, and intake and make 240-250bhp peak without being cammed but I'm not sure on the K20Z4 in the FN2

Yeah that's why I posted the link, there was a bit specifically about the FN2 and it's inferior engine :lol:

The FN2 mapped makes about 25bhp mid range and 10bhp peak, I plan to get mine mapped once I've sorted the RBC inlet manifold out :) For the FN2 I'd map it on flashpro just for the extra midrange!

I believe my colleagues FN2 is mapped via flashpro and he has an exhaust and his car goes well! Can't pull on my unmapped EP3 though but that's due to weight. The FN2 has everything inside that the EP3 doesn't!

• Like 1

Yeah, they have an amazing list of equipment and creature comforts in them mate. Kinda that that puts me off selling in as I've got used to having all these toys, plus the safety aspect too. Know if the worst ever happens and we're in an accident, we can hopefully walk away intact. Had a look at other cars, and a lot have all the same equipment (focus RS/ST etc) but none look as good as the fn2, so guess she'll be staying for a while.

OK, a wee update. Got the new front discs and pads from honda, but have hit a major prob! Can't get the two wee screws out of the discs! Have tried heating them, using an impact driver etc but they just won't budge. The screws aren't even rusty, but obviously have been there since new so are far too tight to get them undone. So gonna have to hand her into a garage to see if they can get them off. I did fit the new pads though as the old ones were truely cooked! Had probs getting the pistons to move back into the callipers though, so had to undo the bleed nipples to help get them back in. So thought I'd have to bleed the brakes, but for once I've been lucky! What a difference with the new pads in! She stops nice and straight, and on her nose if need be! So I'm pretty happy. Next job is changing the plugs for the new ones I got, which is gonna be a pain of a job but should make her drive a bit smoother. Then into the garage to get them discs changed.

I know on the EP3 that front calipers are known for seizing, might be the same with the FN2 too from what you said. What a bugger about the screws! Hope you can get them out soon!

A cleaning session spent on her yesterday. clayed, polished, waxed. Then did the wheels, polished then finished with wheels sealer. Looking top dollar.

post-2844-0-27918300-1414161895_thumb.jp

Then, went into town today to pick something up, then went and filled her tank with fuel. 5 mins later..........

post-2844-0-77487900-1414161952_thumb.jp

post-2844-0-48471200-1414161967_thumb.jp

Absolutely gutted cry.gif1 cry.gif1 cry.gif1 cry.gif1 cry.gif1

Was driving up a narrow-ish street, uphill, and approaching traffic lights on green. Behind a learner driver, and only doing roughly 25mph, I got momentarily blinded by the sun, kind of squinted my eyes, said "effing sun" looked and learner had stopped dead in front of me. Tried to swerve, but went ploughing into the back of him. Apparently this stretch of road is bad for this, due to the gradient of the hill, and where the sun is at that time of the day. Worst thing is, I'd had my sunglasses on before I went in for fuel, but took them off to fill her up. Didnt put them back on again :-( I know at the previous set of lights, the learner who was 2 cars in front of me at that point braked at the last second for the lights changing to red. Not sure what happened at the lights we crashed at, whether he was maybe going to go through but the instructor braked?? Doesn't matter as it's my own stupid fault. Got such a shock, as it happened so quickly. At least noone was injured, which is the main thing. First thing I did was go to his car to make sure they were ok, which thankfully they were. I had a sore left knee, so guess it must have hit the column on impact. But other than feeling physically sick and shaking, I'm ok too. Knee isn't hurting now (well, just a tiny bit) so could have been worse.

Just really angry at myself for not putting the sunglasses back on, and upset for poor Roxy. I had a look at the damage, and not sure if it's the chassis leg poking out through the bumper or part of the crash bar, but what ever it is, its well and truely bent. If it's the chassis leg, then it'll be end of the road for her. Totally gutted and want to cry cry.gif1

Oh shit !!!

Kinda looks like the chasis leg, but that could be more because the bumper has been pushed back ! Sure a decent jig setup could solve it..

Gutted for you mate ..

• Like 1

• Dave unpinned this topic