Meet Roxy! Daves Honda Civic TypeR FN2 (UPDATE: Roxy waving goodbye to Civic5)

Dave

@Krzys it's referring to the lug on the throttle that turns the k series tps. Quick nip down with grinder.

Has also answered something for me.. Looking at those pics. I must have used a k series throttle body on my eg. Hence why tps didn't fit and had to modify it.

Ah right, that makes sense. I'll see how I get on as I seem to be managing it for now :)

• 1 month later...

I know what you mean about the noise Dave ,I drive under the erskine bridge to get home now ,there is a little bit of a tunnel and can't help myself putting ruby into second gear and giving her the beans ,always brings a big smile to my face she,has quite the rip on her now after the manifold got done ,can't wait for the meet ,haven't drove her for two weeks now because am doing other cars at the moment ,you don't realise you miss her like crazy until you don't get to drive her

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Not done anything to Roxy lately (apart from a new tyre after the civic5 meet! lol) other than give her a good valet and get her all polished and waxed for the winter coming. But have to say, the last few days of driving her, I'm considering selling her again. Not sure if it's just me or the car, but the last few days we've drove quite a lot in Edinburgh, where the roads are pretty crap. And last night when we got home, I said to Gayle "that was the worst drive I've ever been on, cringing over the least wee bump in the road". Really was so uncomfortable! And Gayle agreed! I'm just getting to the point where the stupidly stiff suspension is pissing me off too much! We've talked about getting rid of the 19" alloys, as they're a pain when trying to avoid kerbs etc and punctures. And the rubber band tyres only make the ride worse.

Thoughts were about possibly getting a set of 17's, maybe Rotas. Not sure if they would look too small, although Krzys EP3 alloy actually looked ok on her during the civic5 run, and some of the fn2's on civinfo look ok on 17's. Who knows, I just want some more comfort now when driving. Thing is, I think the suspension being to stiff could be weather related! She was ok-ish through the summer, but now the temp has dropped a big bit up here, she seems a lot stiffer than before, to the point where it's actually unbearable (for us anyways). So not sure how much difference new (smaller) wheels would make? Don't want to throw money away on wheels only to find it's still unbearable.

Sooo, looked at possible replacements again, and decided to stay Honda. The one thats standing out at the moment is the 08/09 model Accord (facelift) and an EX model. Think they look pretty good, and with it being the EX, tons of toys as standard. Also would be making the switch to deisel, which is so unlike me! Nevre liked em before, but the 2.2 has decent specs and good mpg. Already had a look whats on offer for mods (styling only this time) and there's a decent lip kit for it which makes it more aggresive looking. Just need to drive one and see what theyre like. Only trouble is....................Gayle doesnt like the Accords!! Thinks they look boring! lol

Not sure what to do! Keep her? Sell her?

Smaller wheels with a larger profile would make life more comfortable, but not sure how much better it would be than it is currently? 

I would only switch to diesel again if I was doing the miles to warrant it. Most of my driving is in and around Nottingham with the occasional (okay quite a bit lately) jaunt across the country! Diesels suffer a lot driving in urban situations and the MPG is shite unless you're on a long run! 

Diesel Accords also have a list of problems which can be expensive to fix too! Clutch, Flywheel, Injectors, Inlets can all fail! Then you've got EGR valves that'll clog up because of short journeys! If you do go for an Accord, get the 2.4 petrol at the very least! 

• Like 1

The finish looks great but 19" look a bit too big dave but well done for perserving!

Ive driven the accord im getting this weekend, nice handling and decent power and the toys worth it, just like me u will get over it being deisel!

• Like 1

Lol@UnicyclingTom Well,Gayle said a huge big no to the Accord last night! Lol so looks like that's out of the running, which is a shame as I've seen a few really nice modded ones. So, go na go for new wheels and see if it makes her any better. Not sure yet which ones to go for, but seriously considering 17's. With the right style, they should hopefully look good.

• Dave unpinned this topic