Meet Roxy! Daves Honda Civic TypeR FN2 (UPDATE: Roxy waving goodbye to Civic5)

Dave

• 2 months later...

Still not done anything much to her lately, but have removed the HKS RSX induction kit and reverted back to OEM filter box. She was going in for a service at Honda so though if I'm paying for a new air filter, I want one bloody fitted! lol Decided not to refit the HKS, as I'm at a stage now where I prefer her to be OEM. The noise was amazing, and addictive which was part of the problem! Because it sounded so sweet, every time I drove it I would be holding the revs just to hear it, so constantly in VTEC! lol Had a really bad effect on fuel consumption, to the point I was struggling to finance the fuel tanker behind me! Lucky if I was getting 250 miles out of a tank, so decided that reverting back to standard would probably change my driving habits!

Posted the HKS up on Civinfo, and had it sold literally 15 mins later! These things are mega popular! So HKS is now gone.

In other news, it was pretty close to the wire for Roxy being traded in! I took a fancy to an Audi TT Quattro TD S-Line! Was a 60 plate, and looking at the specs was what had me interested. The 0-60 mph time is around 7.5 secs, so only roughly a second off the pace of the TypeR! But it returns (if not canning it!) 60mpg! Road tax £130 compared to TypeR's £295, and it was really comfortable to be in. No harsh suspension, although being the S-LIne it has slightly lowered and uprated suspension. Handled great too! But we eventually decided against it. Money wise, was going to be losing out big time on Roxy (managed to get the garage up from 5 and a half grand trade in up to 7 grand (I should have been in cars sales!!) but still had around 6 grand to find to get the TT. Wasn't gonna be worth it. So we decided today that Roxy will stay, and she's going to be getting a set of 17' after market wheels (not sure which yet) to make her a bit better for the daily drive. The 19's will get sold. Might be going ahead with the MeisterR's after all! We will see.

Oh, one things is decided! When we do eventually sell Roxy, she will deffo be getting replaced with either an A3 Quattro S-Line or the TT Quattro S-Line. Decided I'm deffo not buying another Honda as I'm a bit disappointed with the newer ones tbh. Not a patch on our older Civics.

• 1 month later...

Well, it's the end of the story for Roxy and me. She's been traded in for something completely different (which I'm keeping under wraps for now!). Goes away on Friday, so been busy stripping out the double din conversion etc and sat nave module for the head unit. Got to the point that fuel consumption was just too much for me (270 miles to a tank!), along with the £295 for tax (which was up at the end of the month), and the insurance which runs out 1st July. The MOT is also out on the 27th of this month, and she needs to front tyres and also the clutch is on the way out! Labour for the clutch is £600 alone plus the price of the clutch on top so just thought to hell with it, time to cut my losses and run! Was also getting fed up of the stiff suspension and tensing up if I even saw as much as a cigarette butt in the road! (Basically yeah, I'm getting too old for this shit!)

So got offered a great deal on the trade in so went for it. The new car still does 0-60 in around 8.8 secs, so not too bad, but also still returns 52mpg. Road tax is £110 for the year and insurance is cheaper too. Meaning I'll be saving a shed load of money. Meaning I can mod it!!! Will reveal all on Friday. :smile:

Going to be sad to see Roxy go, has been a really fun car to drive and will miss that power. But no point having a car like this if you can't drive it like it's meant to be driven. I think the garage owner is actually having the TypeR for himself or has someone in mind for her. As Gayle said, getting Roxy was something I just had to do at the time. I needed something quick to replace Ruby, and I'd always wanted a TypeR, so it was an itch I had to scratch. But I've been there and done it now, so time to move on. Hoping she stays local like my TypeS aka Lexy, as it would be nice to see her going about.

14 hours ago, UnicyclingTom said:

Good. 

It was a rubbish car anyway Dave! 

:P

lmao cheeky bugger! :lol:

14 hours ago, powerofdreams said:

rlol.gif1

13 hours ago, dr_broon said:

Smells like a dirty diesel to me :lol:

deffo not a diesel!

13 hours ago, philgor said:

I'm gonna see it on Friday!

You shall indeed (the car!) lol looking forward to seeing you mate!

• Dave unpinned this topic