Meet Roxy! Daves Honda Civic TypeR FN2 (UPDATE: Roxy waving goodbye to Civic5)

Dave

lol yours popping isnt too bad Ali, this Scooby was like bloody shotguns going off, just way over the top.  Yeah, have to say it was close to Roxy getting sold, just lost a lot of love for her during all the problems. Like I said earlier, she was actually a real chore to drive at times, which no car should be. Now she's better than she's ever been and I'm getting the love back!

You wouldn't believe some of the possible replacements I'd looked at!! Main contenders were an Audi A3 (would have had to be either an S-Line or S3), a newish Merc C class (would have been the blue efficency model, which had great MPG and performance to match the TypeS I had) and lastly..............................a classic VW Beetle!! Gayle used to have one years ago, and totally loves them. And one we looked at was the spitting image of one my Big Sister had back in the 70's, when the car was only 5 years old! I was 5 at the time, but can still remember it. The one we were looking at was a 1973, in baby blue. Fully restored and looked mint, the only mod being a nice set of alloys. Was only 5 grand, and I was really tempted to get it! But not sure it would have been great as a daily, and do like the creature comforts in the FN2. Plus Gayle really loves Roxy, and after we were ooohing and ahhhing over the beetle, she said "you aint selling Roxy"! Kid you not, Gayle loves Roxy more than I do! lol 

• 4 weeks later...

Update time! After selling Ruby, and getting Roxy, the one thing I missed was the sound Ruby made!! No point having Vtec if ya can't hear that sweet noise it makes! So after much searching to find out what would be best for the TypeR induction wise, I settled on the HKS RSK reloaded kit. Big difference in price compared to what Rubys induction kit cost!! lol Didnt fancy coughing up £340 odd quid for one brand new, so went in search of one second hand. These go in seconds when they come up on civinfo.co.uk, and missed 4 of them by a matter of hours! One I missed by actual minutes! They sell so fast!

Then I got a pm off a member in Edinburgh, asking if I was still after one. It was only around 8 months old, and had done little mileage, but even so, he fitted a brand new filter to it. It even came in the original box with the whole fitting kit and instructions, which is what a lot of members over there seem to be looking for. So I was over there like a shot and bought it!

Hoping to get this fitted this weekend, inbetween work. Oh, and checked with insurance just to be doubly safe, and they said it wasnt a problem, not even any increase in price or owt! So mega happy with that! Looking forward to hearing Roxy shout!

PS: Krzys, I blame you for this!!! After hearing your EP3 when you were up here last week, I just had to get Roxy sorted with an induction kit! lol

• Like 2

Well, fitted it when I got home yesterday! Was a fiddly job to say the least, but the kit is specific to the car so everything fits superbly. Took it for a test drive.......and holy crap it sounds insane! Totally quiet normal driving, but gun it and when VTEC engages, its like she's growling! Sounds really aggressive! Lol Roxy you naughty girl!

Cleans up the engine bay nicely, and gives her some bling!

Its the one thing that I've been missing since Ruby left, the noise! At last Roxy has her voice, and bloody hell can she sing!

post-2844-0-18680500-1427670902_thumb.jppost-2844-0-69988800-1427670924_thumb.jp

• Like 5

• Dave unpinned this topic