Meet Roxy! Daves Honda Civic TypeR FN2 (UPDATE: Roxy waving goodbye to Civic5)

Dave

Update time! Roxy has developed another fault (ffs!) Faith (my soon to be step daughter) got into the back seat the other night, went to put the seat belt on............and the whole seat belt was soaking bloody wet!  The seats and whole rear area of the car are bone dry, but the seat belt (got her to pull it out to it's full extent) was soaked. Had a look on Civinfo, and it's looking like the sealant under the roof gutter has possibly gone.

Called Western Honda, as I assumed it would be covered under the extended warranty I paid a bucket load of cash for...............and yes, you guessed it! Water ingress is not covered!

Came off the phone bloody raging! Spat my dummy out and went and stood in the corner! Then called Gayle and told her about it, and even she said maybe it's time to get rid! So went looking for another car...............and I'm fooked! There isn't anything I'd be happy replacing her with. Decided to move away from Honda all together. Looked at the usual offenders (Audi-over priced and rated,  BMW, nope.........even looked at the MINI!) Then looked at other Jap offerings around the same year as Roxy, but nothing floats my boat. Just seems nothing has the looks, equipment etc that the FN has. So decided, fuck Honda and their shit warranty, I'll just fix it myself! Got a lot of panels to strip out to have a look and see exactly where the waters getting in, but once I find it, it will be fixed! Guess this now shows me that yes, I am hooked on Roxy! Faults aside, I just love the FN2.

Also makes me think that I have really gone off Honda as a brand. The 9th gen honda inherited all the faults of the 8th gen, plus some more! Honda's build quality on their newer cars is shit, and they don't seem to give a damn or try to sort things out on the next gen of models. God help all those suckers that have forked out 33 grand on a new civic typeR.....................you have a whole load of headaches awaiting you!

I've always stayed true  to the Honda brand, but can honestly say....................I will never ever buy another one! They just ain't built like they used to be.

Will report back when I have her in bits!!! lol

Cheers chaps. Yeah, been a total waste of money extending the warranty, deffo would not recommend it to anyone. Been on the blower to Jim, so he's gonna help me try and trace it. Bucket of water at the ready! lol. Now I just need to find some free time to actually do it! On the plus side, might have a set of 18's coming for it depending on the price, wheels look really similar to the Cades I have on DD (except the centres are black). Might make it a bit more comfy, although still considering some 17's. Found a set that look almost the same as the rage alloys she has just now, so another possibility! 

And seeing as she'd deffo staying, been toying with the idea of the Mugen kit (would have to be a rep tho, can't afford the real deal!)

Warranties have never been worth a wank! I got £300 knocked off my EP3 for saying I didn't want that waste of paper! 

Also I've heard about this on the TRO forum, think it could possibly be the rear window seal if it's not the gutter you think it is. 

My next one will be a Nissan, I keep looking at them because I now have two hedge hunters and I feel weird for it! 

• Like 1

Think in fairness your biggest gripe right now (and has been all along) is the poor service from the dealer.. 

Which in fairness, is completely universal. Never have i heard a start to finish completely satisfied experience of a dealer. The main reason i will NEVER buy from a dealer. They are NOT worth the additional cost. Never will be. Dont know why people keep falling for it. 

Water ingress is easy though Dave. Easy to locate and easy to fix. 

• Like 1

Think in fairness your biggest gripe right now (and has been all along) is the poor service from the dealer.. 

Which in fairness, is completely universal. Never have i heard a start to finish completely satisfied experience of a dealer. The main reason i will NEVER buy from a dealer. They are NOT worth the additional cost. Never will be. Dont know why people keep falling for it. 

Water ingress is easy though Dave. Easy to locate and easy to fix. 

I have to agree, Honda, SEAT & KIA being the main dealers I've dealt with and they're all the same! Quick to take your money and want more if you have any problems despite any warranty you may have! 

• Like 1

My old man bought a £17k A3 from a main Audi dealer .. The nightmares he has had on several occasions is mad!

Worst one being it going in for a removable tow bar install with colour coded valance and when fitting, someone somehow scratched the OS RR quarter. 

When he went to collect, the salesman stood over the scratch so my dad couldnt see it .. My dad was suspicious that he wouldnt move until my dad got in the car, so he drove out the dealer, got out to have a look and found it .. Took it back, they then tried to say he done it himself! Literally driving 100 yards off the forecourt! 

ARSEHOLES 

• Dave unpinned this topic