Meet Roxy! Daves Honda Civic TypeR FN2 (UPDATE: Roxy waving goodbye to Civic5)

Dave

My old man bought a £17k A3 from a main Audi dealer .. The nightmares he has had on several occasions is mad!

Worst one being it going in for a removable tow bar install with colour coded valance and when fitting, someone somehow scratched the OS RR quarter. 

When he went to collect, the salesman stood over the scratch so my dad couldnt see it .. My dad was suspicious that he wouldnt move until my dad got in the car, so he drove out the dealer, got out to have a look and found it .. Took it back, they then tried to say he done it himself! Literally driving 100 yards off the forecourt! 

ARSEHOLES 

What a dick, if I suspected he was literally hiding something I'd have shoved him to one side! 

Cheers for that Krzys, much easier to check the window seal than the roof gutter one! I'll do that first, hopefully it's just the window seal, which is easy to fix. ;-)

• Like 1

Cheers for that Krzys, much easier to check the window seal than the roof gutter one! I'll do that first, hopefully it's just the window seal, which is easy to fix. :wink:

Worth a look anyway mate! 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Forgot to report back on this! lol Well, Jim and me stripped the whole rear interior out, which was a total nightmare! New cars just aint built to be taken apart by us!! We got there in the end though, then checked for water ingress.

Didnt see exactly where it was coming in, as it's kinda in behind the inner metal of the rear pillars etc, so checked all around the window, and the seal around that is fine. So we decided to take off the roof gutter strip to have a butchers underneath that. Now I did read on civinfo that these gutter trims are almost impossible to take off without breaking either the trim or the clips. With my trusty plastic trim removal kit, I got it off first time, no damage!! The gutter underneath was seriously bunged up with crap, so cleaned it all out. Then noticed that the sealant around where the trim clips into place (there are bolt ends coming up through the roof for it) looked buggered, so cleaned it all out and resealed it. Did all the mounting points along the guttter then put her all back together. Result?

Been pissing down with rain up here for the last week, and left her parked in the drive instead of the garage. No more wet seat belt!!! Yas!!!!

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Not done much to Roxy the last week while, but finally decided to fix something that's been doing my nut in! When I took the double din unit out of the TypeS, I had to leave the DAB Ariel in place as it was one of those stick to the windscreen types. I bought a different one for when I fitted the double din into Roxy, it was like a small square box with an Ariel coming out each end of it (which I thought would be better). Sadly, it was shit! I couldn't get any more than 5 stations, and even then they dropped off every few hundred yards! So went and bought another one to stick to the screen. Got this fitted and also wired in the power feed for it and the difference is amazing. Got a whole ton of stations now, with zero drop off in signal. Never really used the radio before as always preferred listening to my own music, but since I fixed it I listen to the radio more than the USB now! If anyone's fitting a DAB, get the autoleads windscreen antenna from Halfords. Works amazingly well!

Next plans are to fit the new front discs I bought for her a while ago!

• Dave unpinned this topic