Meet Roxy! Daves Honda Civic TypeR FN2 (UPDATE: Roxy waving goodbye to Civic5)

Dave

Lmao its actually champagne metallic  although they named it sparkling silver. 

Wouldnt have another silver car mate. 

Was great seeing Phil today, nice to have a good chat away from civic5 (although we did have our tea in civic5 mugs! Lol). Really liking the CRV he got, clean as!

Anyhoo, Roxy is now gone so better spill the beans on her replacement. Well, decided on a total change............so bought a gen 2 MINI Cooper! Know not everyones cup of tea, but i really like it. Still quick enough to have fun in, but cheap to run. Handles superb, more room inside than we thought and drives spot on. Got a crackkng deal (they got roxy, i got the cooper plus £450 plus got the price i wanted for roxy too! Shes the same year as roxy but with less miles. Got new wheels picked out for it already (same as DD's) and lots of other stuff too. Running this is gonna save me a fortune, so DD will get the attention she needs now. Will post pics in a bit, been running about daft today so not took any. Phils got one i think. Will start a new topic for her asap. So, Farewell Roxy, been fun!

Tom, it's my daily driver, still got the deck which in my view is the proper Honda anyways. If I'm honest, after my experiences with the newer Honda's I can say I'm totally disillusioned with new Honda's. In a word, they're crap! Yes, the TypeR was fun when pushing on and giving it beans. As a useable daily car, it was crap. Try and drive it normally and it was a chore to drive. Suspension, although it handled good, was stupidly stiff. Fuel consumption was a joke, and I had my fair share of problems with it over the two or so years I had it. Couple that with piss poor build quality and more creaks and rattles than you can shake a stick at and I deffo stand by my opinion of newer Hondas. For a daily, I need something that doesn't cost a bomb to run, but still fun to drive. And something a bit different to the dullsville other cars that are around. The MINI cooper fits the bill on so many more levels than the TypeR, and even the TypeS. I just couldn't afford the bills and running costs anymore.

Still got the deck, which I'll always have. And that's the main thing. My daily car needs to be something newer than the deck, and Honda just don't have any newer cars that suit my needs.

Plus the MINI has even more chrome to piss you off lmao!! rlol.gif1

• Like 1

• Dave unpinned this topic