Why you young whippersnapper you... :lol:

It's a 90s car... Chrome was all the rage in those days...

I liked the 90s

When are you taking delivery of those 3-spoke chrome alloys then? :lol:

3 SPOKE ALLOYS?!??!

Blurghhhhhh didn't like them at the time even. Think they looked okay ish on one car but i cant even remember what it was... Think it's been hidden in my subconscious for fear of disturbance being caused :lol:

3 SPOKE ALLOYS?!??!

Blurghhhhhh didn't like them at the time even. Think they looked okay ish on one car but i cant even remember what it was... Think it's been hidden in my subconscious for fear of disturbance being caused :lol:

They were the pinnacle of the 90's, along with spinners :lol:

• 2 months later...
On 8/14/2013 at 9:11 PM, dr_broon said:

well, after coming up to the 4th ball joint replacement, I thought that it was worthwhile trying the Buddy Club extended ones to see if they last any longer, and was getting ready to order some, and noticed that Tegiwa was selling some on an auction on teabay.

Ended up winning them for a decent price, and got them today... but when I opened the package they didn't look like I was expecting.. no buddy club logos, and black rubber instead of blue!

I was thinking wtf... and started looking around on google images for extended ball joints. Turns out that they're M Factory ones!! nearly twice the price of the Buddy Club ones, and maintainable as well (though I'm not sure what can be done... geasing maybe?) I'm happy with getting the MFactory ones, but why advertise them as Buddy Club? Maybe more well known.

anyway, these are the babies here:

DSC_0015_zps578bcb7c.jpg

Well, it's creaking ball joint time again.. :roll:

A couple of weeks ago i jacked the car up, grease gun at the ready, wheel off...

Huh?

Only have to take the ball joints out to get to the grease nipple!

Sheesh.

Spent ages trying to do the hammer technique but it wasn't going anywhere (looks like the threaded shaft is a bit bent), so i gave up. Somehow though, the efforts stopped the creaking (may have been all the lube i sprayed on trying to get the ball joint out?).

It's came back, so definitely need greasing properly, but the question is why does my car eat ball joints (or at least make them dry out)?

To much camber :idea: should be about 1 i think,extended ball joint will last less time than oem.

with too much camber.

digital angle gauge,<wixey wr365> i used one on the S when i poly bushed it ,critical on the S2000 !!

rainsport 3 s on my "S" very good tyres, i run them 2psi more as soft walls :-D

+1 on that info dude.

Cars looking awesome with the 17's fitted.

I have been using rainsport3's for around 5 months now and, cannot believe the grip in dry and wet.

Chrome is good it's just they have not updated the software since release and everyone else is moving forward.