Be very interested in this too mate, as the IAB coming in so late in the rev range is a bit frustrating, although I'm sure Honda had their reasons for it (maybe best balance of where the max torque is or something?)

Keeo us updated on this bud as it's something I might consider getting done too. IAB at 4700rpm sounds like it would be fun!

It's a compromised set up really to make it less hardcore than the B16/B18C/C6 but still have the same element of fun! The C4 is a cruiser rather than and all out racer, but it's something that can be sorted :D

Yeah, that's why I don't want to do the iab delete. There's obviously some benefit to be had from the change in length that the butterflies opening as the revs increase, and don't fancy losing any low-mid grunt.

I just want to give it a try on a base map to see how it goes so I'll know better for when i get it properly mapped.

I want mine to come in around 4.7k - any more than that and I'm giving it beans, any less than that and chances are I'm just cruising.

I'm sure @burbleboy had his vtec and iab matched?

Sorry guys, was away camping all weekend.

After re-map, i have only one vtec crossover and that happens at 5000rpm. I had asked for vtec to come in earlier at around 4000rpm but the tuner said that it's better at 5000rpm as it suits the car setup.

I went with their expert knowledge so said nothing. If in all honesty, i would prefer my vtec to come in at 4000rpm. Having to rev the proverbial t**sies off the car all the time is fun but frustrating when having to have power higher up rev range to overtake.

Generally that's normally the way with VTEC Honda's, the power curve is quite linear with the revs (making more power the higher the revs) and because of the natural lack of torque most A road overtakes involve dropping a gear or two (in some cases three and in extreme cases (cyclists), four!) to get the job done!

Finally got around to deciding what to do for wheels for karen's tourer, and got some 17s off a 8th gen civic off eBay for summer wheels, which has unlocked me being able to get some tyres for mine... Cue cleaning my wheels and the new ones ready for getting tyres sorted and fitting... No more winter tyres - yey!

DSC_0149_zpsddliqxj4.jpg

• Like 2