26 minutes ago, Dave said:

Awww man, poor Ruby. cry.gif1 Surprised her sills need done, know there was a wee blister on rear of osr arch when I sold her to John but was only just starting. How bad is she?

Quite bad i think! Also needing brakes redone etc. If someone made him an offer then it would be away i think :(

• Sad 1

Sad times man. Think Gayle would blow a gasket if i even hinted at buying Ruby back, with me having DD and the MX5 (both got stuff needing done and i haven't got my new garage yet so cant get naff all done!). He should fix her up though, cracking car and decent mb6's are getting hard to find now. If I had the money and time i'd have her back again, love that old girl!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So the garage phoned today asking about gearbox oil. They thought I'd said that I needed lsd oil (I didn't), and said that they'd phoned honda to check, and honda said that only the integra had an lsd seeya.gif1

I said that it definitely has lsd as standard and that I normally use honda MTF. 

They said that they'd tried turning the wheel, and the other wheel didn't spin. 

So, the manual says that this means the lsd is dead.  I haven't seen much online about honda lsds dying though, so my wondering (straw grasping) is whether the lack of oil in the box would stop the lsd working, and will it work once all topped up and oily?

• Like 1

I wouldn't have thought the lack of oil would stop it working mate, but suppose it depends on the different types of lsd. Have seen a few car shows where they've fitted an lsd to a car that didnt already have it, and during the gearbox build have shown how it works so as the gearbox was on the bench at the time Im assuming it was empty? Not a Honda part I've ever heard of failing beforem deffo a first. Adam (jalesi2001) that used to be on here would probs know, but I've lost contact with him. I can ping him a message via Fb if you want? Is it the standard mb6/mc2 lsd you've got?

• Thanks 1

Yeah, was properly clutching at straws shrug.gif1

Since posting I've seen how they work with different gears meshing in at different torque levels, so you're right. 

I don't see how it could have failed without something serious going pop? 

Yeah it's the standard lsd. Unless someone's whipped it out at some point lol angrymod.gif1

• Like 1

It is really strange mate, you would think you would notice a difference in how she drove, and would have thought there would be some kind of noise from the box itself if something has failed. I'm gonna pm Adam see if I get a reply :wink:

It must be a thing, because it's in the service manual.... 

Screenshot_20200920-095459.png

I was going to go and check at the garage yesterday, but it wasn't open when I got there. 

There's no honda ones available any more (surprise surprise) so it'll have to be mfactory or quaiffe. 

More dollar. :(

• Sad 1