8 hours ago, KiNK43 said:

What's happening sorry?

Nearly done... Just getting the old one back so that I can swap interior bits over when the new one is done. After that I'll be keeping tubs at a friend's place to use for parts if needed. 

It's nice to see an aerodeck roof out of the window again... Even if it is just a shell. 

It's been about 16 months since it first got dragged off to get the fuel leak fixed :-o

Nearly there now though. 

8 hours ago, Dave said:

Poor old Tubs,cry.gif1 really loved this car and has been to so many Civic5 meets I've lost count! At least she's getting to live on in the new shell:rolleyes:

Yep, will all be good in the end :cool:

• Like 1

Spent a few hours in tubs yesterday - took the momo steering wheel out and swapped in the old spare one without an airbag, so that can live in the old girl in case she needs moving any time in the future. 

Took the seats out as well to have a proper looksie - they'll need a good old clean before they go into the new girl. Nearly everything's got a fine layer of mould on from being damp for so long. Going to give it a bit of a clean up on the inside when it's all cleared out - it's got various used and unused parts in at the moment, and didn't get to sorting them out. 

Started sorting through the glove box and stuff, seeing what bits I need to keep and reuse, disconnecting the hands free kit etc, and tracing the wiring for the optional extra cat1 alarm as I want to keep that if I can.

Think that the hardest part is going to be in unbolting the control box from the chassis. It's screwed to the floor with some security bolts, which look like female star fittings, but they're really small... Like a few mm. If they're seized in I don't know how easy they'll come out. 

Had a right chew on trying to undo the bottom bolt for the seat belt to get the carpet up to investigate - ended up with a spanner on it and most of my weight... Luckily managed to free it by tightening it a smidge first. 

• Like 1

Know the star shaped bolts your on about mate. I've got the screwdrivers to fit them here, but ithey are small so it's like you say, if they are siezed then only option might be to grind them off with a grinder or if space is limited, some kind of metal file?

The seatbelt bolts are always a total pig to get off!

• Like 1

Just re-read my post - I meant I need female sockets.. They're little male heads. 

Ordered some sockets today, so hopefully they'll be kind (with a liberal spray of plusgas to help). 

I need to get in touch with Hamilton and palmer before I disconnect anything though... Seems like it could be a right minefield. 

• Like 1

Not seen the ones with male heads on them mate, image they are similar in design to some car locking wheel nuts (only much much smaller). Think those will be a bugger to get off by the sounds of it.

• Like 1