49 minutes ago, KiNK43 said:

Sweet mate. So what's the new reg? 

Cheers, still with grant's old reg. 

20 minutes ago, Dave said:

That's so cool, no Q plate for Tubs2! Plus means you can get her back on the road even quicker mate. Result!

Yeah, and means I can go for a private reg in the future if I want to. 

• Like 2

So garage had a road test which went okay. Need 4 wheel alignment with the new rear camber bits and all the suspension shenanigans. Also, dreaded abs light, so that needs sorting before MOT. 

Went rooting around under tubs to take off the one from there and dropped it off on Saturday, but they fitted it yesterday, and the light was still on. They were going to get it plugged into a reader to pull the code to double check. Looks like I'll need a new one though. 

I did find the Japan parts ones at micksgarage.com, but they don't seem to list the ones for the rear right. There's one for every other wheel, and then one which is just listed for the rear axle, and doesn't come with the brackets fitted. https://www.micksgarage.com/d/abs-sensors/honda/honda-civic/civic-vi-estate-1998-to-2001/1-8-16v-mc2-169-1797/products

I was wondering if it's the same for both sides, but just the brackets are different? In which case it should be OK, and will just need the brackets swapping. 

I've actually got spares for both front side and the rear left in the garage as well :Facepalm1:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, KiNK43 said:

Make sure they are resetting the abs light. As once it's logged code it'll probably stay on regardless of new parts.

Good shout - I was wondering about that but thought that I was getting confused with the SRS light. 

ABS light should go out automatically once the faulty sensor has been replaced mate. When you first start the car, a signal is sent round the sensors to make sure they are all working, then if they are the abs light goes off. They can be glitchy as hell though! Mine on DD was, it eventually went off after emoving the sensor, plugging back in again. Only other way to reset the light (even though it shouldn't need reset) is to do the ecu reset (disconnect battery etc)

• Like 1