well she's off to the body shop tomorrow to get the spoiler fitted and get rid of some surface rust starting to come through on one of the rear doors. also gonna get a few scratches sorted out and a machine polish... she'll come back all shiny 8-)

then I'll need to stick the DOHC Vtec stickers on (been going around without the passenger one for months since the scraping / van incident), and have to pull my finger out (and the bumper off) and get the headlight washer fitted that I got months ago.

;)

so been looking into gear ratios a bit more and have found that the Acura Integra LS (special edition) has the longest 5th gear of all B series boxes - 0.714 instead of 0.848 that's in the s9b.

Using the gear calculator it means that with the 4.78 final drive and the 5th gear from the ls, the revs would be 3400 at 71mph compared to 3700rpm on the ratios for the s9b box as standard... and the 4100rpm it'd be on the s9b with the 4.78 fd!!! :shock:

that should mean no more trying to change up when I'm already in 5th... :lol:

seriously considering it while the box is open....

1"£££$££"!!

I've had a spy on a honda parts website in the US and it's about $130 (for main and countershaft gears) plus about $50 shipping...

tempting like...

5th is too low at the minute and will only get worse with the fd.