**My 1st car project thread, MB3**

vtec2011

Is there a difference in suspension between normal models, and the Sport versions, as mines pretty handy round bends, but mine is an MB3 also, just the sport version...

I don't think sport has anything to do with performance, might have stiffer shocks but I doubt that. The only difference I can see with the MB3 sport models, they have colour coded door handles and spoiler. Maybe more :)

When I bought my MB3 the rear trailing arm bushes were shot. It made the whole car feel soft and unresponsive, but once I got it fixed it was really tight. Might be what's up with yours.

I have seen it a lot on Honda's that the trailing arm bushes can cause all sorts of strange behavior to the car. I will look more into it :) 

I don't think sport has anything to do with performance, might have stiffer shocks but I doubt that. The only difference I can see with the MB3 sport models, they have colour coded door handles and spoiler. Maybe more :)

I have seen it a lot on Honda's that the trailing arm bushes can cause all sorts of strange behavior to the car. I will look more into it :)

I know mine are shot and it feels like a boat because of it! Plus they're knocking too :lol: 

• Like 1

I was told it was a common issue with M's when the MB6 had to go in for rear bushes at 60,000 miles. They weren't bad or anything, just something that was recommended by Honda apparently. My MB3 was at 128,000 when it went in so yeaaaahhh. :lol:

Man it depends on where she spent most of her life. Bumpy roads and curbs and speed humps in towns compared to country roads for instance for many years would make the whole chasis feel more worn (steering response, overall ride and roll) i know mine is like a clowns car for handling, she was not as bad when i got her but i guess she was a town car and my style of driving has really knackered things now LOL.. Our MB6 on the other hand feels tight as a button

Man it depends on where she spent most of her life. Bumpy roads and curbs and speed humps in towns compared to country roads for instance for many years would make the whole chasis feel more worn (steering response, overall ride and roll) i know mine is like a clowns car for handling, she was not as bad when i got her but i guess she was a town car and my style of driving has really knackered things now LOL.. Our MB6 on the other hand feels tight as a button

It's amazing how two similar cars or even the same spec cars can feel so different! 

My car originally came from Somerset and had 2 lady owners from new, then my Dad drove it for 6 months and then I finally got on the road with it. Pretty sure I don't drive that bad to ruin the suspension since owning it :lol: 

I will buy a set of rear trailing bushes along with drop links too as they all seem pretty cheap! Drop links cost £12 and a pair of rear trailing arm bushes cost £18. Hopefully after that I'll replace the anti roll bar bushes for a nice set of Powerflex's and fit the front bottom tie bar (I know... I haven't fit that yet!)

That should stiffen the ride up a bit! :)