1.8 Aerodeck from Finland (10 years of ownership)

Dexter

• 1 month later...

New year, new plans. But first here's a summary of what happened in 2015:

Mods:

BC Racing coils with 12/10kg springs and damping adjustment extensions in the rear

Tegiwa brake stopper

Plates centered

Crossover relocation inside door cards

Intake resonator box delete

OEM refurbed fog lights with yellow tint

15x7 ET30 ATS wheels for the winter

5mm spacers all round

Red rocker cover

Repairs/maintenance:

Custom headlight washer covers redone

Wing mirror

OEM dials (removed non-functional Moman plasma dials)

Track rod ends

Calipers re-painted red

New battery

Driveshaft gaiter boot

Rustproofing and repairs

I've been quite busy with other stuff so haven't updated this thread in a while, but i'll catch up in a bit, there are a couple of things worth mentioning. But in the meantime, here's some season's greetings from my lovely country:

12498625_959658030775923_1466566695_n.jp

And i parked there only 22 hours ago :-D ! Luckily the snowfall has stopped.

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

I'm back! After a mot nightmare of 2 months, 5 checks and 10 different repair requirements the deck has been back on the road for a few weeks now, has seen track time and events and even obtained some long sought after upgrades...

IMG_6334.JPG

IMG_6365.JPG

IMG_6379.JPG

IMG_6391.JPG

Too bad you can't see inside, because then you'd notice a pair or something with 6 letters, starting with a R and ending with a O in the cabin 8-). Or then i can just post a picture:

IMG_6329.JPG

As soon as i passed mot, i once again, for the umpeenth time, searched for used Recaro Speeds for sale in Finland. And sure enough these had just popped up here in Helsinki! The first pair i've seen for sale in over a year so i didn't hesitate a bit. Picked up the phone, and managed even to shed a bit off the price and got them for a measly 350€ (£300). Fitment was a doddle thanks to m-civic specific rails i had bought already years ago. They're in pretty good condition taking into consideration they're over 20 years old, and i'm suprised how comfortable they are! Not to mention the lower sitting position and excellent thigh support. Track tested, heaps better than oem's. I had been dreaming about black Speeds (DC2 style) but those just aren't for sale over here, and i'm not ready to pay for international shipping. But now that i have these, i think the color combo is even better! One of the best upgrades i've ever done. Super happy :-D.

So i mentioned i had some mot issues? Well here's some of the things i had to fix:

- dragging rear brake

- rear brake pads

- left rear abs sensor

- dashboard lights

- oil leak

- handbrake

- O2-sensor, dizzy cap and rotor

- loose lower control arm bolts (happy he noticed those!)

Last year passed with flying colours, needless to say i was a bit shocked this time! But at the end of the day, all of the things that needed attention weren't that big of a deal and i managed to fix everything by myself. I guess this is what it means owning a 18 year old car. But still every time i see it parked on the street i think "damn, if that wouldn't be mine, i'd be so jealous" :-D.

Edited by Dexter
  • Like 3