Maz's Silver MB2 Project... SOLD SOLD SOLD!!! :(

ammarbm

The bay is looking sweet now and yes a blue rocker cover will finish it off nicely! The bloke who washed the engine, did he not cover the air filter? You don't want water going into your intake system!!  :shock:

• Like 1

Doing my mazda ones first, so bored of black so spraying them matt black first then couple of coats of silver metalizer for gunmetal effect. Maybe couple of coats of glossifier if not shiny enough.

If you buy white they will come out matt white, which i think would be pretty cool or you can apply a top coat or effects coat, they also do one called pearlizer which you could spray on top of the white ;)

Got mine off ebay from seller. UKdip12 . Looks like 6-8 days delivery so maybe coming from the states as dont think theynhave uk supplier

Quite fancy doing my m rims gold too!

And I reckon blue ht leads as well mate

Great plans you got there mate for your alloys :) I will look into it or wait and see how yours turn up :)

The bay is looking sweet now and yes a blue rocker cover will finish it off nicely! The bloke who washed the engine, did he not cover the air filter? You don't want water going into your intake system!!  :shock:

Cheers mate is it easy doing the rocker cover? He just washed it mate without covering but hopefully nothing went wrong :)

Cheers mate is it easy doing the rocker cover? He just washed it mate without covering but hopefully nothing went wrong :)

It's easy, just time consuming preparing it for the respray! Same procedure as spraying up alloys and brake calipers..

• Sand it down to the bare surface with sand paper and a wire brush to get into the awkward places
  • Clean off the dust with a damp sponge or cloth (I also used brake cleaner)
  • Stuff rags, cloths or kitchen roll in the spark plug locators and oil cap to stop paint going into the threads and seals 
  • Spray 3 coats of normal primer (normal or heat primer - optional)
  • 2 coats of paint (Again optional on normal or heat paint)

I haven't used high heat paint or high heat primer, just normal stuff. And so far the paint is holding up well on my MB3. At the time people were telling me different things on how to do my rocker cover. But for the best lasting results, I would use high heat primer and paint for sure  :smile:

• Like 1

I used this how to when I did mine, http://civic5.com/forum/index.php?/topic/1086-how-to-paint-your-rocker-cover-to-an-oem-finish/ but I got a spare one so I could spray it off the car, then swapped it over and sprayed mine and sold it on, which covered the cost of the paint. Free modding. :D

• Like 2

It's easy, just time consuming preparing it for the respray! Same procedure as spraying up alloys and brake calipers..

• Sand it down to the bare surface with sand paper and a wire brush to get into the awkward places
  • Clean off the dust with a damp sponge or cloth (I also used brake cleaner)
  • Stuff rags, cloths or kitchen roll in the spark plug locators and oil cap to stop paint going into the threads and seals 
  • Spray 3 coats of normal primer (normal or heat primer - optional)
  • 2 coats of paint (Again optional on normal or heat paint)
I haven't used high heat paint or high heat primer, just normal stuff. And so far the paint is holding up well on my MB3. At the time people were telling me different things on how to do my rocker cover. But for the best lasting results, I would use high heat primer and paint for sure  :smile:

So is it just taking it off spraying it and putting it back in or do we have to change anything when we take it off?