Ooooh ok i get it now!! Lol ta for explaining lol

So we get vtec!! Then that is improved MORE by iabs!!

Yep! 

The B18C4 is a compromise between pottering around town and out right hooning and trying to get the best MPG whilst doing either, not that it matters too much as we'd all have Ecoboost motors or VW Bluemotion's if we were that bothered :lol:

Just to add to all the above info, you'll notice that most other vtec engines B18C/K20 etc the vtec crossover is much louder/noticeable but it's also much higher up the rev range.

With these engines everything happens at once, when the vtec cam lobe engages it also adds the extra air, with ours, as said, it happens in stages which is why the crossover is less noticeable but the engine as a whole is more useable without having to constantly wring it's neck. :)

• Like 1

I'm obviously bias towards the B18 as its all ive driven and all i know!! Lol

Now i know more about the VTEC and IABS ranges it seems im in VTEC quite a lot haha... I thought it kicked in at about 5500 ish lol! Never mind!

Cheers kyfer, no problem as i got the idea from Carl747's Vti-S Deck... Unsure if the Vti-S comes as standard with the dash emblem or not but it looks kool anyway!!

Hope you dint mind me posting it here Carl? If you do just pm me and i'll remove pic ;)

56115338-95AF-4F5B-B1B0-913F3C91FE73-669

Not standard on the dash, just a boot badge stuck on dude! :)

Well least the VTi-S I'm about to fetch doesn't have one on the dash anyway, is a nice touch though!

Yes, that's a boot badge stuck on there. :)

Yeah looks meant to be on the Vti-S!!

In other news...

My first gear is a bit clonky at times when putting in gear from a stop, and it pulls quite hard when i go up to second aswell... Even when i try to control throttle and clutch to get a smooth transition into 2nd but it still jolts the car as if im being hard on the clutch...

Anything i need to look into here or is it just how these box's and clutches are?