Feck's 1999 Civic

feck_on_a_stick

Dude sounds like ur fed up n u proberly just need to cool off n have some down time from her n as for the tank grab the best second hand one u can n get it cleaned, rust proofed n powder coated then problem solved

• Like 1

Mm I will try find out where I got it from not saved the link so will have to go off looking see if I can find where I got it but it was around £120 I think . Plus you need to check the type off fitting of the sender unit cos the new tank I got had screw type fitting and the one that came off was bolt ,so what a pain I had to go on a mission to find a different sender

• Like 1

I get fed up of paying out for one thing after another too dude! Then I make myself feel worse by working out what I've spent including buying the car and realise what I could have bought for that money and then feel like I'm wasting my hard earned.

Plus the other point I think you were trying to make was that sometimes you just don't know when it'll end or how much more it'll end up costing you just keeping her going.

I think with the VTi-S they are a bit more "known" and probably lead harder lives hence our woes now.

• Like 1

Thanks @DAVEMB2  :)

I've had a look at the link and it looks like this is the one for our car. 

$_1.JPG

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FUEL-PETROL-TANK-HONDA-CIVIC-6-VI-FASTBACK-MA-1-4-1-5-1-6-1-8-/371131601951?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item56692ad41f#shpCntId

Is the right hand hole where the fuel sender bolts to? 

I see the advert says to check if our tank has two holes.  One for the petrol pump and one for the fuel sensor.  Would this be right for my MB6, or do our cars just have one hole?

I'd found this one as well, also from Germany, also with two holes

i2529081.jpg

http://www.rexbo.eu/hs/fuel-tank-30945600?c=100216&at=6975

I left the car at the garage yesterday and the tank is rusted at the join as well as bubbling up at the top.  10000rpm has been great as usual about trying to find me a used unit, but I'm starting to wonder if I'm better off with a new unit and not risk another rust issue.

I see the advert says to check if our tank has two holes.  One for the petrol pump and one for the fuel sensor.  Would this be right for my MB6, or do our cars just have one hole?

yup - 2 holes.  I looked into getting a rover/MG one when mine was goosed, but they just have the one hole.

• Like 2