Krzys' MB6 VTi-S - Sold!

Krzys

I feel so frustrated for you, the bottom screw on my cap was rusted and round, was a b****r to get out. I think as you say if it was missing it's possible there may be some internal damage, hopefully not, but a new dizzy will give you peace of mind.

I don't really know what else to say, I can't really blame you for being this disheartened, I'm sure I'd be the same, spend some time away from it get all the parts sorted and hopefully it will turn out to be a good car.

Yep! Been and fetched the Accord, started straight away despite being stood since beginning of December, awesome motor! Will get the dizzy sorted and maybe look at whatever else needs doing before I swap the insurance back again.

Yep! Been and fetched the Accord, started straight away despite being stood since beginning of December, awesome motor! Will get the dizzy sorted and maybe look at whatever else needs doing before I swap the insurance back again.

Just think that when the civ is finally sorted she'll be just as reliable. :)

Ah mate. It'll get done. Feel for ya but things are never simple working on older cars. Everything seized or whatever.

What tools you got??. The screw in the rotor arm need quite a fat bit. Ph2 or bigger maybe.

Hope you have a bit more luck and at least you can take your time now the accord is insured

Today a GLE member came over to lend me a hand with a spare dizzy.....

2E2E45B2-786F-4194-9DEA-47E3AEE29773_zps

Fitted the dizzy and she fired straight away! Also she behaved exactly as you'd expect!!

Here is what had happened at the bottom of the original dizzy....

E736F542-C1F2-42C5-BFAA-A1F6E08A0991_zps

Suspect water getting in at the bottom has caused the problem!

Over the moon with the result! Phil has kindly offered to let me keep his spare dizzy until I get a new one sorted! Top man, can't thank him enough!

• Like 3