Grant

• 2 weeks later...

Not really an update. But spent yesterday evening sorting my fanny fart exhaust.

The collector on the mani sits slightly angled and so pulled the decat funny so it blew around the donut.

Solution, bought a 10" flexi pipe, chopped it about and welded it in. Sorted. So much better.

And for reference, anyone who has a straight through decat and wants to reduce the rasp, the flexi takes a couple of Db off it.

Couple of goodies to go on this weekend. Plus @Honda Paul coming over to help me sort this friggin rattle.

• Like 3

How did you mani sit funny in the first place? Has it been hit?

Well the mani didnt sit funny.. All lined up ok ..

It was the collctor at the end .. It was welded on at a very slight angle .. Which made the decat sit funny etc etc ..

Was a cheapo mani to be fair but it sound bloody lovely and does the job for now until it gets replaced !

Ha that is a great shot!! Thanks again for your help mate!!

So with the help of Mr Hill, we checked and adjusted valve clearances. Some were very very loose!!

Then compression tested her, looked all ok.

Noise is still there though. Onto the next possible cause before I rip the whole engine out and strip it down.