Grant

It's a very odd one.

Thing is @marv, there's not actually anything wrong with it!! It ran sweet before but it runs absolutely perfectly now after the adjustments. There is just a very odd 'rattle' coming from somewhere, of which the sound seems to change where it's coming originating! Can't be valve train related, that's all been checked and cleared. No excessive wear anywhere. The only thing it could possibly be in the head is an lma. But it's not that kind of sound and doesn't follow increase or decrease in revs. It's not the end of the cam where the dizzy sits. No play in there. Which leads me to suspect the dizzy again, but I bought a new one and it was still there! Lol.

So next port of call is, Mr @Honda Paul is going to be kind enough to let me stick his dizzy on, just encase the one I bought was dodgy.

Then an oil change from 5w30 fully back to 10w40 semi. Think we'll go castrol magnetic.

The. Go from there.

• Like 2

It's a very odd one.

Thing is @marv, there's not actually anything wrong with it!! It ran sweet before but it runs absolutely perfectly now after the adjustments. There is just a very odd 'rattle' coming from somewhere, of which the sound seems to change where it's coming originating! Can't be valve train related, that's all been checked and cleared. No excessive wear anywhere. The only thing it could possibly be in the head is an lma. But it's not that kind of sound and doesn't follow increase or decrease in revs. It's not the end of the cam where the dizzy sits. No play in there. Which leads me to suspect the dizzy again, but I bought a new one and it was still there! Lol.

So next port of call is, Mr @Honda Paul is going to be kind enough to let me stick his dizzy on, just encase the one I bought was dodgy.

Then an oil change from 5w30 fully back to 10w40 semi. Think we'll go castrol magnetic.

The. Go from there.

Shame you still cannot find the noise, 5w30 is not the right grading oil for these engine. Stick with the 10w40 semi.

You got a video of noise?

Sorry chaps its 5w40 not 30 .. Typo on the phone this morning .. But it will be changed when im back to 10w40 ..

I do have a vid ..

Although its not quite this noise anymore, but similar ..

I will take another one in the morning .. So its a little more upto date as its no where near as tappy now ..

That does sound like the dizzy to me. Have you had the cap off to inspect any wear?