Rover MBv6?

Joe f

So a long long time back I sold my lovely little 4g civic due to having a baby. Thought I'd be an idiot and sell it for a sensible 'family' car which came in the form of a mk4 golf tdi, but my god was it a bore! So I got a motorbike instead and the golf went to the mrs.

Then as winter set in I bought a Clio 172. What a joy that was! Was absolutely faultless when I viewed and test drove it, was fine when I picked it up, but 5 days later it wasn't fine, when it decided that life wasn't worth living and packed in - 2 new ecu's later, decoding of the immobiliser, tracing continuity of every wire in the engine bay it still wouldn't start so I've now cut my losses and bought this. Ideally wanted a honda again but anything with a B series had starship miles and a hefty price tag, so I thought this was close enough.

The old civ:

DSC_0544.jpg

DSC_0555.jpg

And the mg:

Bought it with 42k miles on the clock like this:

2e913bbf9f2248f3408cb0280b248df6.jpg

6363ba40c40a50adf2572caf4297ab60.jpg

Soon cracked on with the mods though, now running a piper cat-back with a janspeed de-cat. Although I haven't taken any pics of the car from behind strangely!

Chucked some 100w yellow bulbs in the main beams and some osram nightbreakers in the dipped, can now see for miles at night!

Got the little man started early too, you can see the yellow bulbs in this shot..

337d285fed052e33284ec7bf1b11ed6d.jpg

After that came coilovers, and today fitted my new wheels, now sits like so:

f395e4c664608c7d4ea67ae02e97b731.jpg

dc78df757b6fa978365357532837a825.jpg

69414344e99ca35d38f6e1b4616b9009.jpg

26ad084b8500d48e3adcc8aeb6cc7119.jpg

50488b0dbdd78f1830dfba65e7a229fc.jpg

All this really makes me realise how bad iPhones are for pictures and that I'm a lazy sod for not getting my camera out! When the sun turns up I'll get the polish and the camera out I promise!

Thanks for looking, joe.

I absolutely love that oldskool 4g! The colour, wheels and everything looked soo damn good!  drool.gif1

As for your MGZS, again it looks spot on lowered with those wheels. What are they? BBS's? :)

Cheers guys! I really do regret to this day selling the 4g, it was running a d16z6 on carbs with vtec on a switch, went like a rocket! But it was getting to the stage where it needed a lot spending, I'd had the rust patched up when I bought it and I don't think it was done very well as it was starting to creep back in. All this whilst having a baby meant I had to get shot before too much rust came back to sell it.

This is the 180 2.5 v6, really is a lovely car, the honda chassis works beautifully with the big lazy v in it, throw it into a corner in any gear and it just pulls you out, I was getting tired of having to rev the little D-series so much to make progress as a daily, this just slips up through the gears. Returning me a good solid 30mpg too and I don't really go easy on it haha, I was expecting much worse from a 2.5ltr.

Wheels are dare dr-rs's, 4x100 hubs on these so it's really hard to find nice 17's but these came up cheap and I feel they really suit it, 17x7.5 et35, fill the arches great but they came with 215/40 tyres which are a little wide and were scraping the rear arches so I rolled those, fronts fitted fine.

• Like 2

Looks smart that! Close enough, we pinch parts off these enough to let you stay :lol:

EF looked good! Mate of mine has one with the D14 on twin carbs! Nippy bugger!

EF looked sweet mate, MG looks really clean. Love the wheels on it, look so much like the BBS rims so nice choice. Looks a lot better on the coilovers too, nice drop in height. Whats the future plans for it?