My PB MB9 Aerodeck! Engine rebuild in progress

vtec2011

Thanks everyone, much appreciated! :)  There will be a rolling video on here soon (hopefully tonight when I get home) 

I hope you didn't get a nose bleed up there! 

Could of done if I didn't stay on the roof! Na my nose is all good now it's been cortorized :)

• Like 1

My poor girl has an issue :( Driving home lastnight, the deck started overheating! The temperature gauge was nearly on the red. So i had to pull over a few times to let the engine cool down.

I managed to get into work this morning, 6 mile drive and still had to stop for 10 minutes at 3 miles!So far I have checked around the engine for leaks, all water hoses are very hot and has pressure. Also the fan is constantly on. Suspected head-gasket is going but first I will try a replacement thermostat. Only cost a tenner.

I will keep you guys updated :)

If it happens again. Turn the heater up to hot and the fans on. Second rad. :wink:

This, that should help take some heat away from the motor, you may want to open a window though! 

Good call on the stat! Will give you a good opportunity to replace the coolant too and check the rad for blockages.

Also might be worth checking the oil cap etc for mayo just in case.

Thanks for the suggestions. She's all sorted now :)

It was only the thermostat but it did puzzled me because all the water hoses were very hot and pressurized, so coolant was still circulating? I dunno sorted now anyway :lol:

I'm kinda gutted as I was looking forward to ripping the head off. Would be a good excuse to put my d16y8 head on :lol:

Thanks for the suggestions. She's all sorted now :)

It was only the thermostat but it did puzzled me because all the water hoses were very hot and pressurized, so coolant was still circulating? I dunno sorted now anyway :lol:

I'm kinda gutted as I was looking forward to ripping the head off. Would be a good excuse to put my d16y8 head on :lol:

When a thermostat fails, it's supposed to become permanently open so coolant can still circulate. Maybe yours wasn't fully open?