Shafz's NHB '02 EP3 Type R Build!

Shafzzz

I've bought 13cm for my fronts as that's what the speaker adaptors I've bought will allow me to fit, I think they're about that size anyway but the hole in the door is odd which is why I went down the route of the adaptor.

I still need to fit them though, I'm slacking :lol:

Thanks!

It's tough cause people are saying the stock speakers are 6", and to fit 6.5's, but then every forum seems to have a different size for them haha!

Yeah tbh if I got them now I probably wouldn't fit them for ages, at least it's not a new BMW let me put it that way. My audio build took 4-5hours installation time alone, taking apart a BMW is not a joke! Also the stock speakers in the EP3 are clipped in at the front anyway isn't it?

Yeah should be from what I've read! 

I also read the rears should take 6.5" with adaptors, my thinking is to get the fronts in, then maybe look at a small sub to fill the gap.

Yeah should be from what I've read! 

I also read the rears should take 6.5" with adaptors, my thinking is to get the fronts in, then maybe look at a small sub to fill the gap.

I have a kind of massive subwoofer so I really need more clarity up front, especially as I'm taking the back seats out so my subwoofer now feels twice as mental as it already is! Yeah I'd say go for a small 10" sub or something with enough punch then get good front speakers to bring the soundstage around the front occupants and call it a day!

My BMW I have amped front component speakers, and amped front underseat subwoofers and left the rears running on headunit only and it sounds amazing and clear and doesn't distort even at max volume. With the windows down they can be heard from a fair way away!

What you want pre face lift lights or some from a smaller engined civic?

Pre facelift lights from a lower trim civic without the dark grey inners that the EP3 lights have, so I can spray the inners black and keep my stock headlights should I ever need to sell the car :)